12-mixed HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-mixed HDID

This league really undervalues catchers and overvalues closers, for what that's worth. And we haven't drafted our benches yet.

Trout went for 50, Goldschmidt and Harper and Kershaw over 45.

C: Lucroy $6 (keeper), Schwarber $2 (keeper)
    1B: Park $14
    2B: Cesar Hernandez $1
    SS: Semien $11
    3B: Donaldson $32 (keeper)
    CI: Bryant $8 (keeper)
    MI: Trea Turner $1
    OF: Marte $33, Blackmon $27, JD Martinez $26, CGomez $21, Gardner $11
    UT: Pederson $12
    P: Stroman $6 (keeper), Harvey $11 (keeper), Pineda $11, Wacha $9, Corbin $7, Desclafani $5, Moore $2, Miller $2, Betances $2
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Not a fan of your MIs (other than Turner who should be keeper gold) and not sure about Park at $14, but the rest of your offense looks good. Your pitching should be competitive but you'll need to find saves on the wire. I can't believe that Wacha only went for $2 more than Corbin and $4 more than Desclafani.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Pederson was a horrible buy. I liked him better than whatever else was left, and I had a relative lot of money left at the time, but I would rather have gotten Souza for $1 and been able to pick up a mediocre closer (Storen or Hoover). I irrationally like Park.

MI options to replace Turner (and maybe Hernandez) in the short term - we're picking up our bench via a preseason FAAB run this year:

Aybar
      Asdrubal Cabrera
      Cozart
      Alcides Escobar
      Eduardo Escobar
      Forsythe
      Owings
      Jhonny Peralta
      Alexei Ramirez
      Rollins
      Segura
      Simmons
      Story
      Travis

and lesser options. Strong opinions about any of those?
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

You're probably going to need another MI to replace Turner since he is likely to be AAA bound. If Park is as good as advertised then i really like your hitting. It seems solid other than MI. You may be punting saves after Chapman returns in May. Harvey is an ace. Wacha and Pineda make a decent back end of the rotation. Desclafani doesn't impress me and would be my first choice to cut if a better option appears on the waiver wire. I like Corbin, Moore, and Stroman to all take that next step this year. Whether they do or not will determine whether or not you have a good rotation.

For your bench player draft, i would target a shortstop and some middle relievers with closer potential.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The entire PHI and TB bullpens are available along with pretty much every second-in-line closer so I'm sure I can find something. Oh, I also have Peraza as a minor-league keeper already, so that might be useful.

There aren't a ton of SPs I like out there. Bassitt, both de la Rosas, Duffy, Eickhoff, Eovaldi, Fiers, Gibson, Leake, Medlen, Nola, Paxton, and Wheeler. I'll probably target Nola and Fiers.
          Last edited by mjl; 03-24-2016, 11:10 PM.

Comment

man, we'd never done the bench as FAAB before and even with Vickrey prices were all over the place. Kendrys Morales went for $16, Alex Wood for $12, a bunch of guys around 8-9. I didn't bid enough to get most of my targets (Souza, Segura, Alvarez, Nola, Fiers, and I lost ties on Kyle Gibson and Boxberger at $3 each). Only got Forsythe $2 and Valencia $1, but I'll get the others later.

Minor league draft is next. We only get three minor league keepers so there isn't a lot of keeping guys 3-4 years. Basically if someone isn't going to be in the majors by next year I'm not real interested.

I have picks 8 and 9. Players already owned: Seager, Buxton, Urias, Giolito, Crawford, Glasnow, Gallo, Turner, Matz, Mazara, Peraza, Judge, Olivera, Almora, Taillon, Marco Gonzales, Bundy.

I'll update this again once it gets to be my turn - my approximate draft order is something like Reed, Moncada, Brinson, Benintendi, BZimmer, Berrios, Swanson, Snell, Tim Anderson, not sure after that. Would the Braves move Swanson to get him and Albies into the same lineup? Is Rodgers going to move fast? Should I reorder or add to any of this?

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              Minor league draft is next. We only get three minor league keepers so there isn't a lot of keeping guys 3-4 years. Basically if someone isn't going to be in the majors by next year I'm not real interested.

I have picks 8 and 9. Players already owned: Seager, Buxton, Urias, Giolito, Crawford, Glasnow, Gallo, Turner, Matz, Mazara, Peraza, Judge, Olivera, Almora, Taillon, Marco Gonzales, Bundy.

I'll update this again once it gets to be my turn - my approximate draft order is something like Reed, Moncada, Brinson, Benintendi, BZimmer, Berrios, Swanson, Snell, Tim Anderson, not sure after that. Would the Braves move Swanson to get him and Albies into the same lineup? Is Rodgers going to move fast? Should I reorder or add to any of this?
              I think the Braves might move one of them... I guess Ozzie is a better defender. I do think Swanson will move quickly. I do not think Rodgers will move all that fast. I would be looking at something like Moncada (even if he's forever away, the ceiling is just too high), Brinson, Reed... I like Reed a lot, but is he ever a top 5 1B? In a 12-team league I'm just not sure Reed is ever that guy. If he's always with the Duda/Teixeira/Belt class, is he worth a pick over a super high ceiling guy? After that, Anderson, Benintendi, Zimmer (another good prospect who might be just a guy in a shallow league), Berrios and Snell, then Swanson (another just a guy, albeit at SS)

Comment

Moncada, Swanson, and Snell were taken off my list (also Rodgers, Bregman, and Arcia who probably should have been on the list). I'm still waiting for one more person to go, but who do I want out of Reed, Brinson, Anderson, Benintendi, Berrios, or Jose de Leon who I left off the earlier list?

For what it's worth, Sickels has it Berrios, de Leon, and then either Benintendi or Reed, RHD has Zimmer, Brinson, Benintendi, and Reed all right next to each other, BA has Reed and then Benintendi or Brinson.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  Moncada, Swanson, and Snell were taken off my list (also Rodgers, Bregman, and Arcia who probably should have been on the list). I'm still waiting for one more person to go, but who do I want out of Reed, Brinson, Anderson, Benintendi, Berrios, or Jose de Leon who I left off the earlier list?

For what it's worth, Sickels has it Berrios, de Leon, and then either Benintendi or Reed, RHD has Zimmer, Brinson, Benintendi, and Reed all right next to each other, BA has Reed and then Benintendi or Brinson.
                  None of those guys care about roto value. I really like Anderson and Brinson - high risk but high reward. I like Berrios too. Zimmer is kind of blah - maybe a 15/15, .280 ceiling? And Reed is maybe .270-20? I have Anderson and I'd move him for either Berrios or Brinson, but I'm not sure I'd move him for Reed, so I guess the order is Berrios/Brinson, Anderson, Reed for me.

Comment

I took Brinson and Berrios. I decided that I already had Peraza and Trea Turner and Anderson is close enough to them to be less necessary.

Comment

For a 12 team mixed your pitching is so-so.

Hitting should be among the best.

Maybe work the trade route early on to acquire another stud SP
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                      X