Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RJEL keepers (mostly pitching questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL keepers (mostly pitching questions)

18-team 5x5 using OBP. What few studs are in the auction will go in the high 40s/low 50s. 10 keepers plus a ton of minor leaguers.

Definites:
    CDavis $17
    Dozier $8
    Trout $25
    Calhoun $12
    Forsythe $1

Considerations:
    Valencia $5
    Doolittle $1
    Eickhoff $4
    Fiers $3
    Hammel $7
    McGee $4
    Tanaka $22
    Vizcaino $5

if you think I should keep Doolittle, Fiers, or McGee, should I give them an extra year at $5 extra? My guess is no but I'm not sure.

Also note that I have a ton of minor leaguers who are likely to contribute this year, for what that's worth - I like my prospects to be close to the majors. So I have the following who don't count as keepers in the above but will probably be relevant/maybe ought to inform my decisions:

AJ Reed
    JP Crawford
    Jabari Blash
    Max Kepler
    Mallex Smith
    Tyler White
    Colin Walsh
    Mark Appel
    Jorge Lopez
    Mychal Givens
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

I think I'd go
    McGee $4
    Fiers $3
    Hammel $7
    Valencia $5
    ...with no extensions. Valencia (3b/of)/Forsythe(2b/1b) are a nifty eligibility combo.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

McGee, Doolittle, Hammel.. and maybe Valencia, but I question if he would go for more.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        McGee, Doolittle, Hammel.. and maybe Valencia, but I question if he would go for more.
        I would keep these. I would give Doolittle a 1 year raise.

Comment

McGee, Fiers, Dolittle, and Valencia. I'd take the chance on Hammel that I could get him back for 7 or less - his numbers last year certainly weren't really good. No extension on any of them.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

i'd keep both mcgee and doolittle but wouldn't extend either. also like fiers at $3.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
              i'd keep both mcgee and doolittle but wouldn't extend either. also like fiers at $3.
              Agreed.

Comment

Valencia $5
                Doolittle $1
                Eickhoff $4
                Fiers $3
                McGee $4

No extensions.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X