Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keepers

All-

Standard 5x5 12-team NL only. Moderate-to-low inflation. The top few players will go in the low $40s. I get eight keepers. Contracts mean nothing, really.

IN
    KSchwarber 12
    TTurner 1
    JPeraza 1

PICK FIVE (in the order I'm leaning)
    ZCozart 2
    SBrito 1
    TPham 1
    GStanton 35
    ADeSclafani 1
    JEickhoff 1
    PCorbin 5
    JRealmuto 3
    MBumgarner 30
    RDeLaRosa 1

What eight would you choose? I keep going back and forth myself.

1 or 2 catcher? I'd move Realmuto up your list if 2, even with Schwarber, probably replacing Pham.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

All-

Standard 5x5 12-team NL only. Moderate-to-low inflation. The top few players will go in the low $40s. I get eight keepers. Contracts mean nothing, really.

IN
      KSchwarber 12
      TTurner 1
      JPeraza 1

PICK FIVE (in the order I'm leaning)
      ZCozart 2
      SBrito 1 - even if he doesn't win the job right away, he should have a spot soon
      TPham 1
      GStanton 35
      ADeSclafani 1 - might not get a lot of wins but the ratios should improve and the K's were pretty decent last year
      JEickhoff 1 - one of my favorite pitching sleepers
      PCorbin 5 - love guys in year 2 post-TJ, could be a stud
      JRealmuto 3 - as long as this is a BA league instead of OBP, he's a great option

MBumgarner 30
      RDeLaRosa 1

I could see taking Cozart instead of Eickhoff or Desclafani, but he's just not that exciting to me - if there won't be any quality shortstops available then he might be okay.
      What eight would you choose? I keep going back and forth myself.

Comment

Stanton, Realmuto, Corbin for sure. Even with only moderate inflation, I wouldn't go in with $230 to spend.

Then take your pick... I do like Brito a lot, but I think you almost have to keep Cozart given that you have 2 MI keepers who might start the year in the minors. I like Disclafani just a bit more than Eichkoff.

Comment

Hm. Now I'm rethinking things. Who do you guys like better for this year, Turner or Peraza? Assuming I'm cutting the other.

Then, if I'm keeping Schwarber, Realmuto, Peraza/Turner, Cozart, Stanton, Brito, DeSclafani, Eickhoff and Corbin, I'm still one over. Who do I cut then?

(Guys in the minors cannot be bid at draft, so if Turner or Peraza get sent down, I can surely bid on them, but they'll cost some FAAB.)

Comment

How does a $30 Bumgarner not at least be in the discussion in an NL only 12 teamer?

Comment

12 team NL only? I keep Stanton and Bumgarner in a nanosecond at those prices. I know you hate pitchers, especially expensive ones, but Bumgarner at 30...hell, yeah.

I'd then keep Cosart, Realmuto, and Corbin. Cosart and Realmuto aren't great, but at those prices, they're very good value. Corbin has the most upside of the pitchers, IMO.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Corbin
                Realmuto
                Stanton
                Bumgarner
                After that it's a crap shoot. But those four are locks, Dane.

Also don't rethink Turner and Peraza. They will be very valuable and you will sorely regret not keeping them.

Comment

The reason I put Bumgarner lower is because, in this league, inflation is not crazy and people spend more on hitters than pitchers, so I could probably get him back for no more than $32 or $33. Stanton, I keep because he'll likely go for more and NL OF is so sparse.

Backup OFs like Brito and Pham will go between $3 and $10, depending on when they get tossed out and which two owners get wild hairs for them.

So, maybe I'll drop the pitchers, Eickhoff and DeSclafani. And SS is fairly deep, even at the low end, so I may toss Cozart back. That leaves me with Schwarber, Realmuto, Peraza, Turner, Stanton, Brito, Bumgarner and Corbin for $88. I'd go in set at C, MI, and have my ace slot filled.

You guys bring up some good points, but the disagreement on this thread reassures me that it really is a tough call on this one.

Comment

I'd probably run with the below, and I usually favor bringing $ to the draft.
                    Stanton is who he is, which is great while he's in. I hate getting burned by guys who get hurt like that, but the potential there is immense (duh, I know we all know that)
                    Of those pitchers you're debating, I'd struggle bw Eickhoff and DeSclafini too. I'll choose DeSclafini.

KSchwarber 12
                    TTurner 1
                    JPeraza 1
                    ZCozart 2
                    SBrito 1
                    TPham 1
                    GStanton 35
                    ADeSclafani 1
                    JEickhoff 1
                    PCorbin 5
                    JRealmuto 3
                    MBumgarner 30
                    RDeLaRosa 1

Comment

Originally posted by sfleming View Post
                      I'd probably run with the below, and I usually favor bringing $ to the draft.
                      Stanton is who he is, which is great while he's in. I hate getting burned by guys who get hurt like that, but the potential there is immense (duh, I know we all know that)
                      Of those pitchers you're debating, I'd struggle bw Eickhoff and DeSclafini too. I'll choose DeSclafini.

KSchwarber 12
                      TTurner 1
                      JPeraza 1
                      ZCozart 2
                      SBrito 1
                      TPham 1
                      GStanton 35
                      ADeSclafani 1
                      JEickhoff 1
                      PCorbin 5
                      JRealmuto 3
                      MBumgarner 30
                      RDeLaRosa 1
                      This is pretty much where I am after reading the great help on this thread, except that I have Brito in instead of DeSclafani. I figure the $1 hitter will be harder to come by.

Comment

DeScl etc got hammered again today.
                        I agree on Realmuto, very nice price and no competition.
                        I'm a Rubby fan, but not objective. nice parlay with Bumgarner.
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                        X