David Wright - that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Wright - that bad?

Wright and his degenerative back issues have dropped in drafts him like a rock but the Mets still haven't. He is inked at 3b nearly every day and slated to still bat 3rd.

I have him for this year - one year.

Is he better than Valencia, Plouffe for example for this year?

Can he still produce? How long a leash to do the Mets have on this hero?

I'd be shocked if he played more than 100 games.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Wright and his degenerative back issues have dropped in drafts him like a rock but the Mets still haven't. He is inked at 3b nearly every day and slated to still bat 3rd.

I have him for this year - one year.

Is he better than Valencia, Plouffe for example for this year?

Can he still produce? How long a leash to do the Mets have on this hero?
      No way would i take Wright before either of those 2.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

TOO many injuries

Comment

I agree with Mith. Valencia if you are power starved, Plouffe if you want more balance. I'd only take Wright if I'd want to bang my head on my desk a lot to understand what NFL players go through...
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

No reason to keep Wright, none.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

OK - I am convinced - bye bye David

Due to position flexibility I could faab
              Rollins
              Alexei Ramirez
              Plouffe
              Valencia

Is there any chance Rollins has rediscovered the fountain of youth?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                OK - I am convinced - bye bye David

Due to position flexibility I could faab
                Rollins
                Alexei Ramirez
                Plouffe
                Valencia

Is there any chance Rollins has rediscovered the fountain of youth?
                i don't like rollins. the other three are all roughly equal, IMHO - ramirez if you want more SB, plouffe if you want more power, valencia is sort of a combo. valencia doesn't have a starting gig though, does he? where the other two do...
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                  i don't like rollins. the other three are all roughly equal, IMHO - ramirez if you want more SB, plouffe if you want more power, valencia is sort of a combo. valencia doesn't have a starting gig though, does he? where the other two do...
                  Pretty sure he's the Oakland 3B. I would take Valencia from that group.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm starting to like Rollins as a bounce back candidate, however Plouffe is the best of the bunch. Not a big fan of Valencia and I wouldn't count on Ramirez to be more than mediocre.

I'd go Plouffe, Rollins, Valencia and Ramirez
                    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If you have a crappy keeper list, I'd recommend Wright. You need lightning in a bottle from somewhere.
                      But the better your keeper list, the more I'd run away from him in the auction/draft.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Mets say they will announce their decision on Wright's status this season tomorrow

would cost them some insurance dough for the couple of weeks, but they can make up a lot of it from increased attendance - especially if they have a David Wright Day where fans will know he's starting.

the best hitter the Mets have ever developed and kept, by a lot. heckuva player, and a pillar of the community.

heck, I'd probably turn out for that one

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          Mets say they will announce their decision on Wright's status this season tomorrow

would cost them some insurance dough for the couple of weeks, but they can make up a lot of it from increased attendance - especially if they have a David Wright Day where fans will know he's starting.

the best hitter the Mets have ever developed and kept, by a lot. heckuva player, and a pillar of the community.

heck, I'd probably turn out for that one
                          Yup, I already told my wife that I'm going to that game if he gets out there one more time.

Comment

"Yup, I already told my wife that I'm going to that game if he gets out there one more time. "

I hope you have a comfortable living room couch!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                              "Yup, I already told my wife that I'm going to that game if he gets out there one more time. "

I hope you have a comfortable living room couch!
                              She was cool with it...it was me joining a third fantasy football league that got her riled up :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X