5th pick 12-teamer, who ya got?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5th pick 12-teamer, who ya got?

Just wanted to get the 'pen's opinion on your choices for the fifth pick in an NFBC-type of 12-team league. For this exercise, we will assume Goldy, Haprer, Trout and Kershaw are taken. Im posting my top 5 choices in no particular order, but feel free to click other if I stupidly missing someone

Please post your reasons, and thanks for participating!
    Donaldson
    0%
    Correa
    0%
    Machado
    0%
    Rizzo
    0%
    Miggy
    0%
    someone else (please post who)
    0%

The poll is expired.

12-teamer is tough. In a 15-teamer I'm taking Machado because the bottom end of 3B is a trainwreck. But in a 12-teamer it's not so bad. I think I'd still go Machado. Miggy is probably my 2nd choice.

Comment

I went Machado too. Miggy is interesting this season. Will he get back to 35+ HR territory? If you think he will, then take him.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I picked up Miggy as a #10 pick last night
        and some of those guys were kept
        it went like this
        harper, trout, goldschmidt, donaldson - top 4
        stanton, mccutcheon, kershaw, sale - next 4
        altuve, cabrera, marte, bautista - last 4

rizzo, machado, correa, arenado, pollock, abreu were all kept

I like machado (at short) ,donaldson, stanton, cutch, correa, all before miggy

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly
          So Machado over Donaldson...why?
          I'm a sucker for positional flexibility.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            I'm a sucker for positional flexibility.
            I assumed it is the SB

Machado is not eligible at SS in most leagues btw.

Comment

Working...
            X