first to ? - 12 team yahoo snake draft results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first to ? - 12 team yahoo snake draft results

Last year I won by trading away a bunch of draft picks - rounds 9,10,11 - and Abreu filled my round 8 and Pollock filled round - so I sat out for a long time last night

12 team yahoo - snake draft - keepers can be kept in their draft position for 3 years (no one round 5 or above can be kept)

quick tip - in yahoo - the system selects where you place a drafted player - I had 2b and 3b open when I drafted Rendon to be my 3baseman - the system placed him at second and I was left to scramble for a 3b when there were plenty of 2b available.

this might matter with players like Carpenter too

HITTERS
    C - Realmuto
    1B - J. Abreu (keeper)
    3B - Wright
    CO - Miggy
    2B - Rendon
    SS - Desmond
    MI - Dozier (keeper)
    OF - Pollock (keeper)
    OF - Kemp
    OF - Ellsbury
    OF - Khris Davis
    UT - Lind

BENCH
    Reyes
    Markakis

PITCHERS
    SP - Arietta
    SP - Archer
    P - Corbin
    P - Cashner
    P - McCullers
    RP - Dolittle
    RP - Colome

Bench
    Diaz
    Gregerson
    Cobb
    Gausman

Once the season starts
    Cobb and Reyes go to the DL and I can pick up 2 players

Also not sure what Gausman gets me - I have read scrub to maybe he could be a real deal - but he will likely start on the DL so I will wait for a while

I will need to upgrade/move players around to upgrade Wright - he can be upgraded by any 2b,3b,ss
    available are guys like
    prado
    gyorko
    solarte
    ramirez
    gregorius
    alexei
    rollins
    plouffe
    valencia

what is up with SD infield?

and scramble for saves

Looks fine to me... I agree that scrambling for saves will be very important. You need Arrietta to be a monster or your pitching will be ugly all over. SD infield looks to be Solarte 3B, Alexei SS, Myers 1B and either Spangenberg or Jemile Weeks (no, really) at 2B. I would upgrade Wright to Plouffe. Best of that crew by a bunch.

Comment

Looks ok. You picked quite a few players that I am not real high on this year (for what that's worth!): Kh. Davis, Lind, Wright, Ellsbury

And for a 12-teamer that RP is horrible.

If the players you believe in come through, then you have the studs to make a run.

Good luck
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Looks ok. You picked quite a few players that I am not real high on this year (for what that's worth!): Kh. Davis, Lind, Wright, Ellsbury

And for a 12-teamer that RP is horrible.

If the players you believe in come through, then you have the studs to make a run.

Good luck
        I had no picks round 8-12 so I really had to do stars and scrubs - and got closed out on closers (unless I would have picked one in the 7th round)

agree with mith on the others but these were picks made above the 200 level except I do like Ellsbury

also - one team took 5 closers and immediately wants to trade - good luck to him on that - most owners will be happy to let him saves by 50 plus

Comment

Working...
        X