SP - Verlander $16
    SP - Smyly $13
    SP - Moore $5 (keeper)
    SP - Matz $1 (keeper)
    P - Hill $1
    P - Madsen $1
    RP - F. Rodriguez $18
    RP - Grilli $2

dropped 3B Lamb for 3B-OF Adonis Garcia (wanted the extra OF)(looks like he's starting)
    dropped SP Hill for SP Bauer

Counting on Peraza and Story to make their teams and get everyday at bats. If not i'll be forced to drop somebody and pick up a player like Phillips or Rollins.
    Also counting heavily on Peraza to provide a large portion of my stolen bases.
    Last edited by madducks; 03-24-2016, 03:01 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

It looks pretty high variance. Peraza and Story are rookies and CarGo, Pence, Beltran, Alvarez, Pujols, Verlander, and Moore all have significant injury/potential sucking risk. But it could work out.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I can't seem to pinpoint valuations in this league, as I don't have a clue how Pedro Alvarez goes for $17 yet Moustakas and Choo go for $5 apiece. :shrug:

I agree with MJL -- lots of risk abound. Depending on a rookie utility player for much of your SBs may prove hazardous.

With just a 4-man bench, I don't foresee you keeping Glasnow and O'Brien around for long if they aren't with the big club soon.

Comment

yeah, Story and Peraza are not top-15 options at their positions, so starting them in a 13-team league with no MI is weird. (OK, maybe Story actually is a top-15 SS... maybe)

But I like a lot of your picks - Verlander, Smyly, Vogt, K-Rod. As MJL said, very high variance, and as Revo said, you're going to have a tough time with such a limited bench. Especially since I'm assuming Chapman has to eat up a bunch spot for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          I can't seem to pinpoint valuations in this league, as I don't have a clue how Pedro Alvarez goes for $17 yet Moustakas and Choo go for $5 apiece. :shrug:

I agree with MJL -- lots of risk abound. Depending on a rookie utility player for much of your SBs may prove hazardous.

With just a 4-man bench, I don't foresee you keeping Glasnow and O'Brien around for long if they aren't with the big club soon.
          Oh he will Glasnow isn't going anywhere!!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

The valuations in this league are indeed bizarre. Every year I am amazed at the way some of the other owners put together their teams.

I think Moustakas had been so disappointing for his first 3 years that one solid year hasn't provided the confidence he can continue to improve. He might have turned the corner though.
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Almost every year after the draft I say "Man Madducks had a great draft!". Not this year though.

Like the others have said he is relying on aging vets to have one more year left and youngsters with zero track record.

Pitching wise - Smyly needs to stay healthy and I like Verlander to bounce back. Grilli is a crapshoot.

Hitting wise - This team certainly has the potential to hits bunches of HR, but AVG and Sb will be tough to come by.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                The valuations in this league are indeed bizarre. Every year I am amazed at the way some of the other owners put together their teams.

I think Moustakas had been so disappointing for his first 3 years that one solid year hasn't provided the confidence he can continue to improve. He might have turned the corner though.
                And DeShields went for $24 in a bidding war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Oh he will Glasnow isn't going anywhere!!
                  Agree with Mith; I think he kept Glasnow most, if not all, of last year.

Comment

This team is high risk/high reward. Yes, betting on Peraza, Story, and even Alvarez is risky, but you could also get pleasantly surprised. HR and RBI won't be a problem; SB and AVG might be (sounds like the review of my team). Hopefully CarGo and Pence will stay healthy and have productive years. The staff is nice - Verlander and Smyly were good gets. With a limited bench (Chapman & Glasnow), depth might be a problem as roster moves will require a delicate balance.

Comment

Working...
                    X