2K16: Travis Shaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K16: Travis Shaw

With a chance to take a job from Sandoval, how much are we paying for him right now in AL only 12-team 5x5 keeper leagues?

From an economic standpoint, there's no way Shaw can land the job. Sandoval is owed $70m! If he's sitting on the pine, there's no way they can move him (which is already at a 1% chance!)

Comment

Dombrowski isn't afraid to make big moves, and he didn't sign the contract. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they benched Panda. Maybe only for a couple weeks. I think it's interesting that they haven't been giving Shaw time in the outfield, where he could arguably have a better chance of unseating Castillo. It means something but I'm not sure what. Also, Hanley has proven injury prone and Papi is old. I would bet the over on 300 PAs for Shaw right now. Which I guess in a 12-team AL puts him close to double digits?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Dombrowski isn't afraid to make big moves, and he didn't sign the contract. I wouldn't be completely shocked if they benched Panda. Maybe only for a couple weeks. I think it's interesting that they haven't been giving Shaw time in the outfield, where he could arguably have a better chance of unseating Castillo. It means something but I'm not sure what. Also, Hanley has proven injury prone and Papi is old. I would bet the over on 300 PAs for Shaw right now. Which I guess in a 12-team AL puts him close to double digits?
        That's what I was thinking. I have someone offering him to me (he's $6) for a 3rd round RESERVE pick (we have 8 reserve rounds FWIW.) Our freeze date is Monday. I'm tempted, but I still can't figure out if he would be bid for MORE than $6, even if he might be WORTH double-digits right now. There's a chance I strike gold and they name him the starter between our roster freeze and the draft. Or there's a chance they DON'T, and I just kept a guy for $6 that wouldn't have gone for that if didn't keep him.

(Oh the ridiculous petty things we lose sleep over by playing this silly game...)
        Last edited by YourPalChrisMal; 03-24-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Well Panda is out with back stiffness so the price may have just gone up a buck. What he would go for at auction is completely based on timing... he could easily be the last guy left of any interest and start a bidding war, or slider under the radar for 2. If you like him and have room to keep him, the cost is so low that I might lock him up.

Fangraphs has him at 315 PA, 251/315/411 with 9 HR, 2 steals, and 36 RBI.

Comment

Working...
          X