Keeper Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Help

In the home stretch of keeper decisions and wanted to run my last minute decisions by the forum. 12 team mixed, $250 salary, standard 5x5 plus OPS and QS.

We can keep up to 12 keepers. No extensions, you can just keep a player for up to 3 years. My options are:

Lucroy - $5 - last year
    Jose Abreu - $18 - last year
    Kipnis - $9 - 1 more year
    Corey Seager - $3 - 3 more years (was a minor league pick last year)
    Kyle Seager - $8 - last year
    George Springer - $5 - 1 more year
    Christian Yelich - $15 - 1 more year
    Adam Jones - $28 - last year

Greinke - $20 - last year
    Matt Harvey - $8 - last year
    Carlos Carrasco - $13 - 1 more year
    Tyson Ross - $1 - last year
    Jose Fernandez - $10 - last year
    Hector Rondon - $10 - 1 more year

That puts me at 14 total. Which 2 would you cut? Thanks in advance!

I'd cut Ross and Jones...every slider that Ross throws make me cringe, not to mention that he's a WHIP killer. Jones is simply priced at value...toss him back and see if you can get him again.

I like Yelich for a breakout year, he could be a 20/20 guy if he gets more loft in his swing.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Jones and Rondon. 6x6 adding QS has to devalue closers pretty significantly, and $10 on a $250 budget isn't that cheap.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I'd cut Ross and Jones...every slider that Ross throws make me cringe, not to mention that he's a WHIP killer. Jones is simply priced at value...toss him back and see if you can get him again.

I like Yelich for a breakout year, he could be a 20/20 guy if he gets more loft in his swing.
        I agree with Hornsby about Yelich. I think could finally put the speed power combo together this year. I would cut Ross for sure. Then its either Rondon or Kipnis for me, depending on what you think the player pool will be for both this year. Kipnis hasnt really run like he used to in a couple years now('12-'15 30,22,12) and with his power also declining, youre looking at a very run of the mill 2B in my opinion. His .303 AVG was by far a career high as he hit .260 the previous three seasons combined('12-'14). Are players like Joe Panik and kolton wong being kept? If not I say toss him back

Comment

I would cut Yelich and Jones and save $43. You can probably get them both back at or near those prices if you want. Or maybe someone better. It's always nice to have more dollars available heading into the auction.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            Jones and Rondon. 6x6 adding QS has to devalue closers pretty significantly, and $10 on a $250 budget isn't that cheap.
            Agree with Jones and Rondon. I know you need to spend big on upper tier players in 12-team leagues but I'd rather pick a different one than Jones.

Comment

Jones is an easy cut. One catcher league? If so, I'd think about tossing back Lucroy.

Comment

Not a Yelich believer. I would cut him. And I would cut one of Rondon or Ross; probably Rondon given your format.

Comment

Lucroy and Rondon (or Jones) for me.

Comment

Jones and Yelich.

Rondon for $10 is pretty good.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Thanks all for the diverse opinions! I traded away some expiring contracts last year in a rebuilding move so I'm lucky to have this problem with too many keepers.

Looks like the finally tally was roughly:
                      Yelich - 4
                      Jones - 7.5
                      Ross - 2
                      Rondon - 3.5
                      Kipnis - 1
                      Lucroy - 2

Jones looks like an easy one and then I'll decide on the last one once I see what some of the other keeper lists are looking like. I really like Yelich this year but wonder if I can get him back at the same price or cheaper knowing our league mates. Same with Lucroy. Ross, Rondon and Kipnis would all go for higher in our draft.

Comment

I'm not saying Rondon wouldn't go for $10 in your league - you know better than I do - but the Fangraphs auction price calculator (http://www.fangraphs.com/auctiontool...drp=0&players=) thinks the only closer that should go for $10 in your league is Jansen, and Rondon should be about $5. Maybe your league doesn't understand what adding the QS category does and you should trade him?
                        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          I'm not saying Rondon wouldn't go for $10 in your league - you know better than I do - but the Fangraphs auction price calculator (http://www.fangraphs.com/auctiontool...drp=0&players=) thinks the only closer that should go for $10 in your league is Jansen, and Rondon should be about $5. Maybe your league doesn't understand what adding the QS category does and you should trade him?
                          MJL - that's a good point, thank you. I should use it to my advantage! I know for sure Kimbrel is being kept at $19, Rosenthal being kept at $11 and Chapman tossed back at $19 but there's still some maybes out there (Huston Street - $9, Melancon - $16, David Robertson - $9 for example).

Comment

Working...
                          X