Say it aint so, Joe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say it aint so, Joe!

Legendary broadcaster Joe Garagiola passed away at the age of 90.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Why my kids will be watching an awful lot of Dodgers games on DVR this year-- once Vin Scully is gone an amazing era of broadcast is going with him as the greats retire or pass on. RIP Joe.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Loved him with Scully on the NBC Game of the Week as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Loved him with Scully on the NBC Game of the Week as a kid.
        He always had so many great baseball stories which made him a popular talk show guest as well. He also hosted several game shows and guest hosted on the Tonight Show.

Garagiola grew up in St. Louis on the same street as Yogi Berra who passed away 6 months ago. They were best friends pretty much their entire lives. Now they are together again. RIP Joe.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The voice of baseball when I was growing up.

Comment

Working...
          X