Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masahiro Tanaka for $25 ???

12-team AL-only 5x5, standard rosters, inflation at around 20%

I'm thinking about keeping Masahiro Tanaka at $25, crazy smart or crazy dumb? Guys like Sale, King Felix, Archer and Gray are likely available in the auction (but will go for quite a bit more). The next wave of guys like Hamels, Zimmerman, McHugh, Iwakuma and Smyly would probably be in the same price range as Tanaka, and I would probably target one of them even if I kept Tanaka.

I don't think that it's crazy either way, at 25, he's about at value if he doesn't get injured. Chances are he'll miss a half dozen or more starts, and be pretty good in the games he does start.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

I got tanaka for $17 in a re-draft league set up by and including lord Zola...

Comment

Too rich for my blood...
        One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

I like Tanaka. That said I have to ask, if you put him back in do you think he would go for more than $25 in this years auction. Even if you paid $25 you get the new contract. I am thinking you probably get him cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I like Tanaka. That said I have to ask, if you put him back in do you think he would go for more than $25 in this years auction. Even if you paid $25 you get the new contract. I am thinking you probably get him cheaper.
            That was my thought as well, especially since I haven't gotten any nibbles from other owners. That said, there is some advantage of going into the auction with him in place and then being able to target a 2nd SP or closer.

I do have a solid and cheap pitching core even without Tanaka (Odorizzi 14, Pineda 8, Walker 7, Moore 4, Rodon 2, Robertson 15), but I do need that "ace" and I don't want to get involved in a bidding war.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
              That was my thought as well, especially since I haven't gotten any nibbles from other owners. That said, there is some advantage of going into the auction with him in place and then being able to target a 2nd SP or closer.

I do have a solid and cheap pitching core even without Tanaka (Odorizzi 14, Pineda 8, Walker 7, Moore 4, Rodon 2, Robertson 15), but I do need that "ace" and I don't want to get involved in a bidding war.
              Your staff is a cheap staff, tanaka should go back into the auction and I would spend perhaps $5 more on pitching. I would then fill my offence with full time hitters...
              Last edited by wannabegriffey; 03-23-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                12-team AL-only 5x5, standard rosters, inflation at around 20%

I'm thinking about keeping Masahiro Tanaka at $25, crazy smart or crazy dumb? Guys like Sale, King Felix, Archer and Gray are likely available in the auction (but will go for quite a bit more). The next wave of guys like Hamels, Zimmerman, McHugh, Iwakuma and Smyly would probably be in the same price range as Tanaka, and I would probably target one of them even if I kept Tanaka.
                I expect there to be a bidding war on the Aces you mentioned.

Smyly has some of the same concerns as Tanaka. I like Hamels better than Tanaka. Tanaka better than the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  No way would I keep him at $25, personally.
                  This. Too much risk for my blood. And if I could get Hamels for close to that price, I'd be all over Hamels.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Last weekend he went for $19 in my AL only league with 12 teams and a $260 budget, Hamels went for $23.

Comment

Working...
                    X