• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one of those 'Have at it' threads

13 team mixed, 5x5, $300 cap
    Same league as Mith and Madducks

C - D'Arnaud 7
    1b - Duda 15 (could have kept at 9; must have patience for 30 HRs)
    2b - Odor 9 keeper
    ss - A Escobar 1
    3b - Frazier 8 keeper
    OF - Stanton 44 keeper
    OF - Bautista 42 keeper
    OF - Gardner 13
    OF - Granderson 8
    U - Sano 1 keeper
    U - Reddick

SP - Archer 11 keeper
    SP - Carrasco 6 keeper
    SP - McCullers 1 keeper
    SP - Kluber 50
    SP - Tanaka 19 (high risk,high reward?)
    RP - Perkins 16
    RP - Bailey 4
    P - T Ross 18
    P - Fiers 4

B - E Suarez 9, Moustakas 1, Choo 4, Reyes 4 (brain fart).

I dropped Reyes after the draft and got LeMahieu from the ww.

I didn't get enough speed that I feel I need and Moustakas is overkill at 3rd.
    I can wait until McCullers gets put on the DL to start the season before picking up a FA.
    I could use a backup 1b.
    I was glad to keep Stanton and Bautista at those prices; if you look at Mith's post showing our auction values the top
    hitters went 50+.

Critiques are welcomed and appreciated.

I think that this is one of the best teams coming out of the draft.

HR/RBI/R should be really strong
    AVG and SB look to be problematic

SP - really really good
    RP - Gotta hope Perkins stays healthy and Bailey has found his old magic.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Agree with Mith. Yeah, BA looks like it may be low. But lower BA seems to be the trend in MLB recently, so you are not the only one. One small consolation in falling behind in SB is it's easier to make up ground in this category than others if you acquire a top base stealer. Maybe the Hamilton owner (also owns Gordon) will make you a deal for one of your extra 3B since you seem to have cornered the market on tier II 3B lol. Although Hamilton won't help your BA. Your starting pitching looks strong and your relief pitching could be decent.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Hard not to like this team. The closers could be an issue, as I don't think Bailey closes.

You got Moose for $1 in the draft?? And Choo for $4?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Hard not to like this team. The closers could be an issue, as I don't think Bailey closes.

You got Moose for $1 in the draft?? And Choo for $4?
          It seems like closers always become available.
          And yes, I got Moose for $1 and Choo for $4. I'm kinda happy about that.

Comment

Agree with revo here. Strong team, dubious closers. The BA issue doesn't bother me. Speed should be something you can acquire. Good luck!

Comment

Very nice. Three of your bench guys could be upgrades over Reddick at the 2nd UT slot. Yeah, you need a closer or two but you can get them on waivers in time.

That's a dominant starting staff in any league.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                It seems like closers always become available.
                And yes, I got Moose for $1 and Choo for $4. I'm kinda happy about that.
                Wow. This makes me think even less of Mith's team -- if he could get players like Moose for $1, how on earth did he wind up with shlubs who are 1/5th as good as Moose? I don't get it.

Comment

Wow. This makes me think even less of Mith's team -- if he could get players like Moose for $1, how on earth did he wind up with shlubs who are 1/5th as good as Moose? I don't get it.
                  You value Moose more than I do? And the rest of my league too.

If everyone valued all players the same it would be pretty boring conversation wise!

And not being a braggart Revo, but I have won this league from 2012-2014 and came in 2nd last year so I do know something about players
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    You value Moose more than I do? And the rest of my league too.

If everyone valued all players the same it would be pretty boring conversation wise!

And not being a braggart Revo, but I have won this league from 2012-2014 and came in 2nd last year so I do know something about players
                    Moose had a breakout 2015 and has an ADP of 150, so no idea how he was a dollar days player.

Let me know if you win your league this year!

Comment

Moose had a breakout 2015 and has an ADP of 150, so no idea how he was a dollar days player.

Let me know if you win your league this year!
                      Will do

I do admit that I took some risks this year with my choices like Ozuna, Grichuk, Moreland and Valencia. I see 100 HR from this group. Optimistic? Sure!

Comment

Moose was actually $5. I regret spending $18 on Longoria early in the draft when i could gotten Moose much cheaper if i had waited. I expected Moose to go in the $10-15 range but it just didn't happen. I couldn't bid because i was running low on cash and had to save my money for the empty positions i still needed to fill. This is what makes an auction so complex and challenging. I love the extra strategic element that an auction provides.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

All four of those are worthwhile risks, though I'd admittedly take Choo or Moose over Moreland. But that's debateable.

Gutierrez, OTOH....any of Lemahieu, Choo, or Moose would have been a massive upgrade over him.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            All four of those are worthwhile risks, though I'd admittedly take Choo or Moose over Moreland. But that's debateable.

Gutierrez, OTOH....any of Lemahieu, Choo, or Moose would have been a massive upgrade over him.
                            Gutierrez intrigues me. He is on my bench as Lemahieu would also be. Choo is not my cup of tea and I do like Moose, but just didn't need him when he was called.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Agree with Mith. Yeah, BA looks like it may be low. But lower BA seems to be the trend in MLB recently, so you are not the only one. One small consolation in falling behind in SB is it's easier to make up ground in this category than others if you acquire a top base stealer. Maybe the Hamilton owner (also owns Gordon) will make you a deal for one of your extra 3B since you seem to have cornered the market on tier II 3B lol. Although Hamilton won't help your BA. Your starting pitching looks strong and your relief pitching could be decent.
                              Post your team dude!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X