early blockbuster trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early blockbuster trade

15-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, K-BB and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)

We just completed our auction, and just started our reserve draft. I've been offered a blockbuster.

My roster:
    C- Schwarber $13
    1B- Hosmer $17
    2B- Altuve $24
    3B- Moustakas $19
    SS- Bogaerts $30
    MI- Harrison $9
    CI- Bour $3
    OF- Harper $25
    OF- Trout $25
    OF- Grichuk $9
    OF- Inciarte $1
    DH - Garcia $1
    P- De La Rosa $1
    P- Gray $23
    P- Herrera $1
    P- Moore $7
    P- Joe Smith $1
    P- Will Smith $9
    P- Storen $6
    P- Ventura $15
    P- Ziegler $7
    Minors- Benintendi $10
    Minors- Fulmer $10
    Minors- Newcomb $10
    Minors- Snell $10

I've been offered 2B Wong $11, OF Gordon $15, OF J.D. Martinez $16, P Price $29, and P Scherzer $47 for Altuve, Trout, Harper, and Moore. The owner has wanted both Trout and Harper since I drafted them as minors. Thoughts on the offer?

What areas should I focus on in our reserve draft? I know I'm chasing saves, as I prefer having 4 closers. Plus I need to upgrade our DH because I'm not sold on Garcia winning the 3B job in ATL.

I agree with Eldiablo. I cannot say that I would do that and its not close. You have Harper and Trout, at $25 apiece, which is phenomenal. $24 Altuve is great. Your whole hitting lineup is pretty stacked overall, especially for a 15 team. If I were you, Id look to move SPs, Gray specifically, for good RPs. Closers or setup men. Just try to win WHIP, ERA, SV, HDs every week. Your pitching staff is more built for that tight now anyway. You already should smoke most teams on offense.

Comment

Are any of your contracts expiring? In any league I've been in, if Scherzer goes for $50, I'd be a lot more likely to wait until June, find someone out of it, and get basically that entire haul for Trout or Harper by himself.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Agree with everyone else... pass. Something like JD and Scherzer for Harper and Moore might be more interesting. Punting wins and Ks might also be a better way to go.

Comment

im thinking that in any deal in the world that includes the best 2 players in MLB, you better be on the side getting those 2 players.

Comment

That guy must think today's December 25th, not March 23rd. Unless this guy has some compromising pics of you, there's no way on earth I'd even consider this, nor even counter.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
              15-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, K-BB and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)

We just completed our auction, and just started our reserve draft. I've been offered a blockbuster.

My roster:
              C- Schwarber $13
              1B- Hosmer $17
              2B- Altuve $24
              3B- Moustakas $19
              SS- Bogaerts $30
              MI- Harrison $9
              CI- Bour $3
              OF- Harper $25
              OF- Trout $25
              OF- Grichuk $9
              OF- Inciarte $1
              DH - Garcia $1
              P- De La Rosa $1
              P- Gray $23
              P- Herrera $1
              P- Moore $7
              P- Joe Smith $1
              P- Will Smith $9
              P- Storen $6
              P- Ventura $15
              P- Ziegler $7
              Minors- Benintendi $10
              Minors- Fulmer $10
              Minors- Newcomb $10
              Minors- Snell $10

I've been offered 2B Wong $11, OF Gordon $15, OF J.D. Martinez $16, P Price $29, and P Scherzer $47 for Altuve, Trout, Harper, and Moore. The owner has wanted both Trout and Harper since I drafted them as minors. Thoughts on the offer?

What areas should I focus on in our reserve draft? I know I'm chasing saves, as I prefer having 4 closers. Plus I need to upgrade our DH because I'm not sold on Garcia winning the 3B job in ATL.
              No, no no. Do not trade. This is a terrible offer.

It looks like you had a plan stay the course. We haven't played a game yet. This is a fun team to watch. Tinker with it in season. NOT NOW.

Comment

I agree with everyone else. Stay pat. At those prices for Trout and Harper I would only move 1 of them for a Herschel Walker type deal.
                Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Awful. Stick with the guys you have.

Comment

Working...
                  X