2K16 Hammel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K16 Hammel

Jason Hammel, SP of the Chicago Cubs. He had a great first half last season before getting injured at the ASB (2.87 i think). He was not the same after (5.??). The decline at the ASB has been a two year trend now. What are thoughts on him this year? Anyone else drafting him with a last pick?

from another thread I wrote up:

I will be taking Jason Hammel cheap in any league where I can get him. He was having a really nice start to his year, then he hurt his hamstring and missed a few weeks, and after that he couldn't control his pitches and he was overthrowing. His season numbers look terrible, but it's mostly because he kept getting shelled in the first inning after the injury. I did a lot of stats on this when I thought I might try to write an article; if you're interested you can look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...CZ8/edit#gid=0.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      from another thread I wrote up:

I will be taking Jason Hammel cheap in any league where I can get him. He was having a really nice start to his year, then he hurt his hamstring and missed a few weeks, and after that he couldn't control his pitches and he was overthrowing. His season numbers look terrible, but it's mostly because he kept getting shelled in the first inning after the injury. I did a lot of stats on this when I thought I might try to write an article; if you're interested you can look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...CZ8/edit#gid=0.
      Wow, you definitely crunched the numbers. And they certainly back up what youre saying. I read that he worked with Arrieta on offseason preparation this summer, as well as went through a leg/core strengthening program. He says his legs feel stronger and its putting less strain on his arm this spring, which has so far paid off well

Comment

I had him in all three of my main leagues last year and I'm a Cub fan. I was noticing it during the season. That said, I have no idea if there's any real way that someone could have a hurt hamstring and not be able to get loose until the second inning, but it looks plausible. Small sample size of course.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'm in a 5x5 10 team NL league. I show him at $8 non-inflation and $13 with inflation. Does that seem right? Is he the type of pitcher that might get overlooked and go cheaper than expected?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            I'm in a 5x5 10 team NL league. I show him at $8 non-inflation and $13 with inflation. Does that seem right? Is he the type of pitcher that might get overlooked and go cheaper than expected?
            It is possible, but I do not think probable. He is pitching on a hyped up Cubs team. We may not chase wins but they still come into the equation. People may be sour on him because of his numbers last year, but he will not be overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Seems right to me, depending on where you live in Michigan/whether your owners are from Chicago. Sanity checks in 12-team leagues, so prices should be higher than your uninflated estimate: Toutwars (12-team): $11. LABR: $7 (but LABR doesn't pay much for pitching).

Comment

Live in Detroit area but this league is in LA.

Comment

Working...
                X