Keeper Question Mixed League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeper Question Mixed League

I am really trying to figure out what I should do with my 5 keepers. Ok first off league info:

6x6
    R, HR, RBI, SB, Fielding%, OBP, QS, L, K, HLD, SV

We keep 5 players and the players are drafted in rds 1-5.

I won the league last year with this squad:

Ramos - yeah not in ballpark to be kept
    Goldschmidt - definitely
    Mookie Betts - possible
    Carlos Correa - definitely
    Kris Bryant - definitely
    Brett Gardner - no
    Andrew McCutchen - - definitely
    JD Martinez - no not enough spots
    Jackie Bradley - no
    Matt Carpenter - no

Jake Arrieta - possible
    Matt Harvey - possible
    Jose Fernandez - no not enough spots
    Masahiro Tanaka -no
    Kanley Jansen- no
    Carlos Martinez - no
    other pitchers I don't remember and are not considering

I won the league and so I will be picking last (13th).

My question is should I just keep all hitters as I love Mookie, but I have always kept 4 hitters and a pitcher. I also love Harvey and Arrieta. What is the consensus?
    Last edited by Piney Boy; 03-22-2016, 10:57 AM. Reason: forgot matt carpenter
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

I would keep Mookie over McCutchen. I would keep Arrieta as my pitcher.

Nice list strong offense for a 13 teamer. I would strongly consider taking the best starter with that 13th pick.

Comment

Cutch is a really strong OBP player. I can't see throwing him back. So that means Cutch, Bryant, Correa, and Goldy are locks.

Pitching is deep this year and fantasy baseball should be fun. Keep Mookie. He's not noticeably worse than Arrietta or Harvey. His ADP in 5x5 might even be higher.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I'd also keep the five hitters mentioned and pick up a pitcher early.

Edit 2: Your setup devalues starting pitchers a little bit, too, since they will not be of any help in at least two categories (holds and saves). All the more reason to keep the hitters.
        Agreed.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Hmm... the thought of keeping all hitters with Arrieta on your team was never a consideration in my mind. Still you do have that 13th round pick and I assume 2.01 on the turn?

You could grab 2 pitchers there and have a very very good team. I reluctantly, begrudgingly have to agree with Eld and DMT.

Comment

Edit: Fielding %? Uh, that's a new one. I have no idea who the fielding % studs are.

Edit 2: Your setup devalues starting pitchers a little bit, too, since they will not be of any help in at least two categories (holds and saves). All the more reason to keep the hitters.
            I played in a league with fielding % for a couple years. The key is first basemen. Very few errors and lots and lots of chances. Catchers are good too, but they hit like catchers. Any guys who qualify at other positions but play 1B are nice. Then again, this year I think that's only Hanley and Wil Myers, and I'm not sure Hanley will play a good 1B or Myers hits enough to roster in this league.

Comment

Edit: Fielding %? Uh, that's a new one. I have no idea who the fielding % studs are.

A lot like errors. Commish changed from errors to f% last year. So using Yahoo it was nice to have Mookie since he qualified for 2B hence less chances at an E due to fewer chances. I have done this before with errors. Find someone that is a starter that has OF/DH and MI/3B eligibility.

Commish likes to make changes every couple of years and I think it is to stop me from winning. This was my 4th title in 12 years. The most of anyone in the league.

Thanks for the help. I will go with all hitters like I was thinking.
              Last edited by Piney Boy; 03-22-2016, 01:00 PM.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I would keep Mookie over McCutchen. I would keep Arrieta as my pitcher.

Nice list strong offense for a 13 teamer. I would strongly consider taking the best starter with that 13th pick.
                Thanks. I was surprised with the team I drafted. Usually the other guys are very adapt at drafting and steal my guys. I expected Bryant to be taken in the 1st round of the FA portion of the draft and he wasnt. I even started last year with Bumgarner as my SP keeper and drafted Arrieta, Harvey, Tanaka, and Fernandez late. I traded Bumgarner for Carlos Martinez and JD Martinez before Arrieta took off. I knew I had enough pitching last year, but didn't expect Arrieta to blow up like that.

And yes Gregg I will have wrap around picks so I am hoping for at least Harvey to make it back to me. I don't think Arrieta will though. Gonna enjoy this draft prep. I have only once won b2b. Other times I retooled and within 2 years I fell to the bottom.

Comment

Working...
                X