Another Idle Hands Keeper list question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Idle Hands Keeper list question

16 team mixed league 1 Catcher - 5x5 with OBP - As eld said, 2nd year, so not a ton of cheap minor league keepers yet. All the guys who graduated before the minors draft last year (right after MLB Draft) all went for a ton of FAAB money.

I came in second last year after (and I know this will shock you all) making very few deals in season.

Need to pair down to potential 12 and then to final 10 by the deadline

d'Arnaud $5
    Beltre $22
    Bogaerts $11
    Lindor $23
    Machado $11
    Pollack $15
    B Burns $5
    O Herrerra $1
    Panik $5
    Kemp $27
    Cano $27

Keuchel $5
    McHugh $5
    Garcia $5
    Sale $29
    Perkins $9
    Eovaldi $1
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

d'Arnaud $5 - borderline (many are high on him, i'm kinda meh)
    Beltre $22 - no
    Bogaerts $11 - yes
    Lindor $23 - no
    Machado $11 - hell yes
    Pollack $15 - hell yes
    B Burns $5 - yes
    O Herrerra $1 - yes
    Panik $5 - borderline
    Kemp $27 - borderline
    Cano $27 - no

Keuchel $5 - hell yes
    McHugh $5 - yes
    Garcia $5 - yes
    Sale $29 - see our discussion previously (in elD's thread) on tier 1 pitchers
    Perkins $9 - yes
    Eovaldi $1 - no

that is 9; choose 3 from d'Arnaud, Panik, Kemp, Sale for the first cut...
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

hm. I'd cut Beltre, Eovaldi, Kemp, Cano, and Lindor. In general my tendency is not to extend medium-high-priced established guys who didn't do anything surprising last year and aren't superstars - do you have any reason to think you couldn't get Kemp back for something close to that price, or are you particularly attached to him specifically? If not, I'd let him go, and Beltre and Cano with him. Lindor is great but he's not at any kind of discount there and you have Bogaerts, and Eovaldi I'd like to keep but you have to cut someone and even if he should be in the top 12 I don't think I'd keep him when the cut to 10 happens.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I'd cut Kemp, Cano, probably Beltre. I like Sale at $29. I prefer Panik over any of Garcia, Eovaldi, Perkins.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

This was my speculation as to who you were keeping (or who I think I would keep if it was my team).

d'Arnaud $5
          Beltre $22 -
          Bogaerts $11
          Lindor $23
          Machado $11
          Pollack $15
          B Burns $5

Keuchel $5 -

Sale $29
          Perkins $9

Comment

I forgot, I've got Castallanos for $2 as well... better choice than any of the above?
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
            X