Early NL-only 5x5 HDID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early NL-only 5x5 HDID

Ok everyone, let 'er rip! Had our auction yesterday for our NL-only 5x5 league. Inflation usually runs 25% on average, but is asymmetric across the player pool. PM me or post if you're curious about prices paid for "your guy".

Would love to hear your thoughts (especially thoughts on strengths/weaknesses and areas to address via trade/faab, etc.). Keepers in UPPERCASE. Thanks!

C – Tom Murphy $1
    C – Andrew Susac $1
    1B – PAUL GOLDSCHMIDT $49
    2B – Brandon Phillips
    3B – MATT DUFFY $10
    SS – Trevor Story $13
    MI – Eugenio Suarez $14
    CI – Mark Reynolds $5
    OF – AJ POLLOCK $6 (final year)
    OF – RANDAL GRICHUK $1
    OF – Yoenis Cespedes $35
    OF – Matt Kemp $34
    OF – Keon Broxton $10
    UT – Ozzie Albies $2
    P – JACOB DEGROM $16 (final year)
    P – PATRICK CORBIN $1
    P – HECTOR RONDON $10 (final year)
    P – Jon Lester $26
    P – Taylor Jungmann $3
    P – Juan Nicasio $2
    P – Chris Hatcher $1
    P – Hansel Robles $1
    P – Yimi Garcia $1

Also we have 3-man minors roster: Jesse Winker, Raimel Tapia kept before auction; Albies would be my third (unless Story doesn’t start in majors, in which case Story is my third and I’ll have to drop Albies)

Bump. Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

Comment

12-team? Although I remember having to scrounge for SPs back when I played in a 12-team NL-only, running with 4 SPs (5 if Nicasio makes the rotation) is pretty extreme, especially since it's not like you're expected to have a second closer. The hitting is high-variance, but could be good if multiple of Suarez, Duffy, Story, Phillips, and Broxton end up being good. It looks like you have a lot of power but your speed really depends on questionable players plus Pollock and Goldschmidt.
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Not a fan...too stars and scrubs for my tastes. You could have 2-3 dead spots in your starting line-up, and that's not counting the catchers. Pitching should be good, but need another closer...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

I agree.. offense could be really good if everyone clicks, but with 3 "dead" spots, it's going to be tough. And the bottom end of that pitching staff is going to kill you. Maybe if you can move Nicasio and Jungmann out for guys who won't wreck your ratios, you can just go really really light on wins and Ks.

Comment

Thanks, all. Helpful feedback.

Three dead spots in catchers and Albies. I think Winker may fill one at some point. Nicasio has been ridiculous in ST, so I'm hoping Ray Searage has worked some magic (last two starts something like 18 Ks!). Jungmann was there for innings and modest Ks. Maybe I look to upgrade him and a catcher to start. I think people will want my keepers (several teams are clearly rebuilding).

Comment

Working...
            X