Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only keeper help please

Hi gang

I can keep 8. I was in rebuilding mode last year and have a good list! 5x5 obp
    What would the junkies do ?
    Leaning towards the bold.

Realmuto 1
    Bour 2
    Duffy 2
    Peraza 3
    Casilla 2
    Eickhoff 8
    Vizcaino 6
    Martinez 9
    Rondon 4
    Panik 6
    OBrien 1
    Franco 3
    Koehler 3
    Strickland 1

I feel it's between Vizcaino, Eickhoff, Peraza for the last slot.
    If Peraza looks like he's getting PT and Vizcaino will be watching Grilli close I have to keep Peraza I imagine. Keeping 3 closers seems excessive but of course has its benefits.

Thanks !

what great prices for your players...

Comment

Don't worry about Grilli, he'll be gone by mid-season and Vizcaino will be closing. And yes, you have to keep Peraza, he'll have 30 steals in a part time role, he can play all over the diamond.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I hear you hornsby - keeper time is always a struggle! maybe it's trade up time , but there's not too many deals I can see.
        Yeah tini -most of these were supplemental draft pickups during the season. Peraza and Realmuto I picked up on drat day. Casilla and Panik were part of a dump deal.

Comment

Keep Peraza. I would also dump Bour and keep Vizcaino.

Comment

Realmuto 1*******
            Bour 2
            Duffy 2*************
            Peraza 3****************
            Casilla 2**************
            Eickhoff 8
            Vizcaino 6***************
            Martinez 9***************
            Rondon 4****************
            Panik 6
            OBrien 1
            Franco 3****************
            Koehler 3
            Strickland 1

You have such nice values here that you might want to trade some "nice" keepers for some "Great" keepers! Good luck!
            Bearin' up!

Comment

what's the current news on Peraza ?
              Keeping him over Bour would be a struggle for me I think - I might try to get Peraza back in the draft.
              If I put them both back in the auction Bour is bound to cost more I imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by sfleming View Post
                what's the current news on Peraza ?
                Keeping him over Bour would be a struggle for me I think - I might try to get Peraza back in the draft.
                If I put them both back in the auction Bour is bound to cost more I imagine.
                Likely to make the roster as a utility guy with Cozart SS, Suarez 3B, Schebler LF. I agree that Bour will go for more. How many teams? I am not sure I can throw Panik back.

Comment

These six are absolute no-brainers for me. Awesome prices for great production. That's $15! Holy crap. Peraza is in for me based on speed skills, team with opportunities and moving parts, SBO because of general team lousiness, and positional flexibility. The players ahead of him are no great shakes: Phillips is old and a prime piece to move, Cozart (let us not forget) was a worthless hitter before the first part of last season, and Hamilton -while he has that vaunted speed- is banged up and isn't really a great player outside of the SBs. All Peraza has to do is be 75% of his prospect potential and there are opportunities for him to play all over. You have to keep him.
                  Franco 3
                  Duffy 2
                  Realmuto 1
                  Peraza 3
                  Casilla 2
                  Rondon 4

This is the bubble for me. I go with Martinez, because you could use a solid starter to go into the draft with, and he's a fine risk at that price and on a great team. You won't do better for less. It's close for me between Bour and Panik. I give the edge to Panik based on how shitty NL 2B is in general. Most people will be paying at least that for way worse players. Bour is in the opposite place. While he certainly may go for more at draft, there are a TON of mid-low tier 1B in the NL: Carter/Paulsen/Moss/Adams/etc., so you could probably grab a comparable player for not too much more. You won't get that from 2B.
                  Martinez 9
                  Panik 6
                  Bour 2

These are NO for me. I really like OBrien for $1. I guarantee you won't get a better $1 at your draft, but compared to the others, I put him here. I also love Strickland, but I'm not seeing him getting many save opportunities barring substantial injuries. Bochy does things a particular way and Casilla will be the guy, until he can't be the guy and then he'll go to Romo. Then, after Romo fails, he may get a chance. That's betting on a lot of failure for a team that finds a way to make it work. As for Vizcaino, you already have two established closers; you don't need to take a $6 risk on a third. Plus, the Braves are in a bad way right now, but they are not a bad team. They are run pretty well, which means that they will showcase Grilli and trade him, then showcase Johnson and trade him and you're in the same position that Strickland is in and he's $5 cheaper. And depending on how Ogando pitches, they could maybe do the same to him. Vizcaino is the guy that a smart rebuilding team would not have closing games in 2016, at least not until the very very end of the season when you have drained every bit of value from your rosters. The Braves are pretty good in this way. You can count on what they will do to a large degree. And, again, you already have two closers.
                  Eickhoff 8
                  OBrien 1
                  Koehler 3
                  Strickland 1
                  Vizcaino 6

Comment

10 teams JC.

thanks everyone- I'm going to see if I can make a deal in the next couple of days and I'll update here.

Comment

is this 260 units?

if so, haven't you already won the year?
                      if not, what is the unitage?
                      or what is the inflation rate? does Kershaw go for 100?

something confusing us here
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

that's an awesome keeper list, any chance at doing a "3 for 1" keeper swap with another owner
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Another vote to include Panik

Comment

300 unitage. Yeah I've got a good list I know Judge.

It's a highly competitive league that's been around forever. Last year there were lots of teams in the running and there were many deals.

League rules = everyone gets fa$ of 30 for the year and we have a sealed bid supplemental draft every month. Players we release we get 1/2 their salary back for that supplemental. We can only obtain the number of people that we released to fill up our team plus bench (30 player max) it's a little different but works and definitely fun. it does lend to some good keeper lists and some standard draft inflation. Kershaw will get ~50. maybe a little more. Bonds in his heyday got around 60.

Of the players in question :
                            Casilla, Martinez, Panik were in one trade,
                            Rondon and Franco were from another,
                            Peraza, Realmuto, O'Brien i drafted
                            Strickland, Bour, Vizcaino, Duffy and Eickhoff were from supplementals

Rondon, Casilla, Panik, Martinez are in 3rd & final year at contract (there's no extensions in our league) this year

I traded Panik and Bour for a final year Duda 2 today, so working on it .

thx everyone !

Comment

Now don't mess it up at auction!

Comment

Working...
                              X