2016 Impact Rookies (NL Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Impact Rookies (NL Edition)

How would you rank these players in terms of 5x5 NL-only impact for 2016? Our league only allows each team to keep only a couple of minor leaguers on the roster. So near-term impact is better than a higher ceiling that's 4 years away. How would you rank these players? What about for 2017?

Nick Williams
    Trevor Story
    Jesse Winker
    Ozzie Albies
    Mallex Smith
    Jose Peraza
    Brandon Drury
    Raimel Tapia
    Anyone else I'm missing?

Thanks!

Orlando Arcia for the Brewers.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Lucas Giolito & Tyler Glasnow

Comment

Thanks, all. Most interested in how you rank these ones. Arcia and Glasnow long gone in our league.

Comment

Story because of Jose Reyes suspension

Comment

Peraza has the highest upside to contribute this year, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              How would you rank these players in terms of 5x5 NL-only impact for 2016? Our league only allows each team to keep only a couple of minor leaguers on the roster. So near-term impact is better than a higher ceiling that's 4 years away. How would you rank these players? What about for 2017?

Nick Williams
              Trevor Story
              Jesse Winker
              Ozzie Albies
              Mallex Smith
              Jose Peraza
              Brandon Drury
              Raimel Tapia
              Anyone else I'm missing?

Thanks!
              This year - Story, Peraza, Drury, Williams

2016 and 2017 - Williams, Peraza, Story, Winker

Comment

Nick Williams
                Trevor Story
                Jesse Winker
                Ozzie Albies
                Mallex Smith
                Jose Peraza
                Brandon Drury
                Raimel Tapia

Out of this group I like Story, Peraza for this season. Then Drury.

Comment

Trea Turner?
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

He needs an injury or a trade to open up a spot for him but Peter O'Brien has done nothing but hit at every level plus the last two spring trainings for Arizona. His days of playing catcher are probably over, so his future is likely as an outfielder and a backup for Goldschmidt. He may start the year in AAA.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree with joncarlos, except that Williams is likely in the ml all year until September. He has a terrific future here, but he needs more experience in AAA and the Phils aren't contending, where they might otherwise rush a player.
                      Bearin' up!

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        Nick Williams
                        Trevor Story
                        Jesse Winker
                        Ozzie Albies
                        Mallex Smith
                        Jose Peraza
                        Brandon Drury
                        Raimel Tapia

Out of this group I like Story, Peraza for this season. Then Drury.
                        Is there really a chance that Albies will spend any significant amount of time in Atlanta this year? He's only 19. I know about the feel-good stories in camp about him, and "Hey, we brought Andruw Jones along as a 19 year old." So, yeah, I guess there's a chance, but it would seem like a really small chance such that if the criteria is that he wants value in 2016, Albies probably should be at or near the bottom of his list.

Comment

Trevor Story is the NL rookie that I've got the most shares of so far, but I like Colorado MI
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                          X