OPS league values

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPS league values

OPS leagues are becoming more and more popular. Who are some players whos value significantly increases in these leagues?

presumably guys who hit a lot of doubles and triples, since those get ignored by normal scoring - last year that would have been Brantley, Kipnis, Murphy, Markakis (!), Kiermaier, DPeralta, Eaton. Also if you think Gattis is going to hit 11 triples again he'd be a good pickup.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Royals generally. Tough HR park, but good for doubles and great for triples.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Joey Votto is the obvious name, but some others who are a little less known would be David Peralta, Shin-Soo Choo, Adam Lind, and possibly Joc Pederson.

Comment

Jose Bautista, Shin-Soo Choo, Matt Carpenter, Francisco Cervelli, Carlos Santana, Joc Pederson, Yasmani Grandal, Nick Markakis.

Comment

Eno & Paul did an entire podcast about this earlier in the month - http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the...v-avg-leagues/

Comment

i actually don't get why a league would use OPS. i'm a huge fan of OBA over AVG and SLG (or other similar power measure; my main league uses EBA) over HR, but like to keep them in two separate categories. having OPS as a category seems like having a WHIP+ERA category. curious, for those who like that as a category, what's the motivation for combining them?

ETA: changed "stat" to "category" to be clear - love OPS as a stat; just curious about combining them in a roto category...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Jose Bautista, Shin-Soo Choo, Matt Carpenter, Francisco Cervelli, Carlos Santana, Joc Pederson, Yasmani Grandal, Nick Markakis.
                Hmmm....I read the title thread as OBP not OPS, lol.

Comment

Looking at double leaders who don't hit a lot of homers is useful, and looking for guys that hit more extra base hits than singles, and guys who walk a lot. Or just looking at the OPS leader board .

All the names mentioned so far fit in one or more of the above categories. Mookie Betts is another.

Comment

Working...
                  X