AL only endgame buys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only endgame buys

I always like to crowdsource some ideas for endgame targets in my AL only auction. Who do you like this year that might be a $1-$3 type or otherwise go undrafted? I'll add some of my own when I'm not on my phone.

Trevor May at a $1 for K's if they shift him to the pen.
    Tyler Collins should get 200 or so AB's especially if Maybin misses time to start the year
    Hoping to snag Smoak for a buck
    Liking Colome to speculate on saves
    Also liking Snider too

Comment

Liam Hendriks
      Joey Rickard

Comment

I do like Hendriks. Also:
        Bassit
        Dyson or Kela? I'd go Dyson.
        JR Murphy for cheap C?
        Colome
        Canha
        Mike Montgomery?
        Aaron Hicks?
        Franklin Gutierrez
        Jepsen
        Tropeano
        Last edited by SlideRule; 03-14-2016, 11:16 AM.

Comment

In my AL Only League (12 teams, 5x5, 6 keepers max) Hendriks was kept for $7 and Tropeano was kept at $6

Comment

I like both Dysons. Jarrod's usually a cheap source of steals and could be ignored because he'll start the year on the DL.

I'm also on the Alex Colome bandwagon, and the fact there's a bandwagon suggests to me that he might cost a couple of dollars more than you might hope. But, then again, I'm still on the Jesus Colome bandwagon (hey, he's only 38, that breakout year might be coming).

I doubt he'll fall to the $1-$3 range, but Doug Fister could be a nice cheap pickup. And Erik Johnson might be a post-hype surprise if an opportunity opens in Chicago. He could be a WHIP killer too.

Comment

in my main league auction saturday fister went for $2 in dollar days. i had run out of money (spent my last $5 on rusney castillo), but was wishing i still had $3 at that point...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

If you can get Jepsen for a buck, get all over it. Urshela might crash to a buck with the signing of Uribe, I'd gamble on him for a buck. If you're a rebuilding team, with his 80-game suspension, Almonte might go for a buck.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                X