Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Granderson for Scherzer?

Hey all,

12-team NL only, start 25 (extra P and Super Utility) with a $280 cap. 5x5 league with OBP instead of average.

Was just offered a $39 Scherzer for my $25 Granderson. League has pretty heavy inflation - on rotolab, Kershaw is projected at $64, for example, and players regularly are bid up into the $50s without concern.

The additional concern is right now it would push me into unchartered cap territory, committing myself to an extreme stars and scrubs approach.

As of now, my potential keepers are: Votto, Adrian Gonzalez, Duda, Heyward, Daniel Murphy, Pierzynski, Granderson, Galvis, Danny Espinosa, Mark Reynolds, then a slew of potential $1 MRs and starters like Colon, Hellickson, Chase Anderson, Siegrist, Strop, Robles, Addison Reed that I will have to choose from.

My best estimate right now at available money if I made the trade would be $40 to need 10 players. Of course, if I did not do the trade, i would only have $54 for 10 guys, so not like I would be flush with cash anyway.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, yes, yes...you need that stud pitcher.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

yeah id pull the trigger before he takes it back

Comment

Agreed. Do it.

Comment

I hope you took it before he changed his mind.

Comment

Take it before he sobers up.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Ha, well then. I guess I was more concerned with the money aspect than any of you. Very well then. Thanks all.

Comment

Working...
              X