NL only keeper advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only keeper advice

9 team 4x4 NL Only. We get 7 keepers. 2 catcher 1 utility 9 pitcher league 10 man draft reserve

Harper 20
    Russell 10
    Harrison 1
    Harvey 10
    Matz 10

Think the above 5 are locks have 2 more spots

Realmuto 1
    Bour 6
    Suarez 6
    Julio Urias 5
    Hoover 1

What you guys think?

What are the rules that put Urias on your team at $5. I normally would not cut him in a keeper league. With your parameters I am not sure he needs to make your team. That said I would want to find a way to get him back.

I am not in love with Hoover however at a buck in 4x4 he has value.

I like Bour at $6. Then one of Urias or Hoover.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      What are the rules that put Urias on your team at $5. I normally would not cut him in a keeper league. With your parameters I am not sure he needs to make your team. That said I would want to find a way to get him back.
      We have a 10 man reserve draft with set values and I took Urias last year at 5. We can keep him he would count against my draft cap and I could stash him with my reserves if he starts in minors.

Comment

Originally posted by tentimechamp View Post
        We have a 10 man reserve draft with set values and I took Urias last year at 5. We can keep him he would count against my draft cap and I could stash him with my reserves if he starts in minors.
        Does he count against your 7 keeps or just the cap?

Comment

Does he count against your 7 keeps or just the cap?
          Both. He would count against my 7 and use 5 dollars of my 260. His clock also starts so if he becomes good next year is option year to keep 5 for one more or extend at 5 dollars per year. In our league hype prospects are great for dump trades. Was thinking about dumping saves anyway which I have done very well in the past doing that but Hoover at 1 may be too good value to pass up.

Comment

Not sure I agree with Gregg on Urias as a keeper for this season. He should start in AAA, also he has never thrown over 100 IP in his career so likely will be limited there. Also with only 9 teams in the league you should find pitchers who are productive for this season. I would keep Realmuto and Bour. Hoover is no lock to close for the entire season. and you should have options at closing that are better. Suarez is not bad either but you already have two MI (if you choose to put Harrison at 2B. Good luck!

Comment

Both. He would count against my 7 and use 5 dollars of my 260. His clock also starts so if he becomes good next year is option year to keep 5 for one more or extend at 5 dollars per year. In our league hype prospects are great for dump trades. Was thinking about dumping saves anyway which I have done very well in the past doing that but Hoover at 1 may be too good value to pass up.
              Your league is not that deep. 9 teams total? And only 7 keepers. I would use that spot to get a player that helps you win this season. But I understand the lure of young talent. Just remember there is no guarantee that Urias will be productive next season.

Comment

I was leaning towards Realmuto and Bour originally just the 1 dollar possible closer got in my head.

Appreciate the feedback guys!

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                  Not sure I agree with Gregg on Urias as a keeper for this season. He should start in AAA, also he has never thrown over 100 IP in his career so likely will be limited there. Also with only 9 teams in the league you should find pitchers who are productive for this season. I would keep Realmuto and Bour. Hoover is no lock to close for the entire season. and you should have options at closing that are better. Suarez is not bad either but you already have two MI (if you choose to put Harrison at 2B. Good luck!
                  Nope, I am not saying Urias is a keeper, but he might be. That is why I asked the questions.

Now given the answers I probably do not keep Urias. I would keep Hoover at a buck. It is 4x4 and you need all the saves you can get. A mediocre catcher for 6 bucks is not good use of a precious keeper spot.

No way do I dump saves in a 4x4 league.

So for me it is Bour and Hoover for the final two spots.

I also would be trying to package Urias and Hoover for a better closer.

Comment

I thought Realmuto salary was $1.

Comment

Nope, I am not saying Urias is a keeper, but he might be. That is why I asked the questions.

Now given the answers I probably do not keep Urias. I would keep Hoover at a buck. It is 4x4 and you need all the saves you can get. A mediocre catcher for 6 bucks is not good use of a precious keeper spot.
                      Realmuto is 1 and I think based on second half he can be more than a mediocre catcher. 2 catcher league I feel like he has 15/15 potential. I worry about Bour at 6 as his peripherals scream regression. I think Hoover has to be kept for a buck. Even a few saves he makes value and if he holds the job he crushes value.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        I thought Realmuto salary was $1.

Correct Realmuto is 1 Hoover is 1 Bour is 6

Comment

9 team 4x4 NL Only. We get 7 keepers. 2 catcher 1 utility 9 pitcher league 10 man draft reserve

Harper 20
                          Russell 10
                          Harrison 1
                          Harvey 10
                          Matz 10

Think the above 5 are locks have 2 more spots

Realmuto 1
                          Bour 6
                          Suarez 6
                          Julio Urias 5
                          Hoover 1

What you guys think?
                          I'd go with the 2 $1 guys
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Hoover and Realmuto get my votes. And I don't think it's close. With just 9 teams you must do better than Bour at 1B/CI.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                              Hoover and Realmuto get my votes. And I don't think it's close. With just 9 teams you must do better than Bour at 1B/CI.
                              exactly
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                              X