buying and selling FAAB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buying and selling FAAB

I'm in a 12-mixed with minimal minor leaguers owned (three per team). Historically I've been the only one who streams pitchers, but we have some new guys so I might not be this year.

We are allowed to include FAAB dollars in trades. We only get six keepers and I have eight or nine reasonable options, so I offered to sell off a couple for FAAB, which I did last year (selling Pollock worked out poorly, selling Ventura didn't). Inspired by this, other people are offering to do this also.

We use Vickrey for FAAB so prices are lower than in most leagues - I can get most streaming starters for $1.

Also in late-breaking news, the league has voted (against my preferences but whatever) to stock the five reserve slots via a FAAB run before the season starts, so we really only start with $85-90 or so, and I forgot I'm going to have to pay $10 to break a bad contract I traded for last season. So assume I'm coming in with about $75-80.

What's the most you'd want to carry into the season? What's the least? If you started with $200 do you think you could spend it? If you started with $50 and committed to not streaming would it still be terrible? Obviously I could get more during the season but selling off guys I'm not keeping is a lot more palatable than selling good players midseason.
    Last edited by mjl; 03-12-2016, 07:47 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Flexibility is key. If you go in with high faab you can stream easily. With low faab you can, but are better served spending it early on guys who may be productive all season. Also with low faab you may want to spend a bit more on reliable SP.

Comment

Working...
    X