NL Keeper/trade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Keeper/trade question

Roto NL only with 10 teams and a 5-player minor league roster. We keep five this year and upping it to 10 next year. I have been offered a trade for my fifth keeper and wanted opinions on whether it is worth it.
    • My 4 lock keepers (this is the second year of the league so option years arent until next offseason): Pollock 17, D.Peralta 1, C.Martinez 5, AJRamos 1
    • My 2 minor leaguers: Glasnow and Arcia
    • My fifth keeper was going to be Addison Russell 1 but I was just offered JP Crawford for him.
    • If I make the trade, then my fifth keeper would be between Shelby Miller 6 (leaning to him) and R.Iglesias 2

Would you pull the trigger on Russell/Crawford and keep Miller (especially considering the SS situation in the NL)? That would also mean I only have 2 picks in the minor league draft (not that big of a deal with those 3 already on the roster).

Thanks!

So is this a standard extension setup, where Russell is $1 this year and then you have to extend him? After which point he'd be $6 for 2017 and 2018, or $11 for 2017-2019, or $16 for 2017-2020? What would Crawford's price be when activated?

I like Russell a decent bit more than JPC, but the ability to keep another top-20ish SP and still have really good SS options is tempting.

Comment

he can be extended at $5 per year or kept for one more year at $1 at this time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I'd pass on that trade. If you do the trade, though, I'd rather keep Iglesias (although I'd monitor his health --- I think he has some sort of shoulder issue or something right now, if I remember correctly).
        This was basically my first thoughts with the exception that I am not aware of any arm issues with Iglesias. So you should definitely check that out.

Comment

Pauly, this is a no-doubter. Keep Russell. At $1 it's a lock. I would kill to get that guy at $1. He won't bat 9th forever and will qualify at SS.

Comment

What sharky said.

Comment

By the way, why not offer Miller and Iglesias for Crawford? Can't hurt!

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                By the way, why not offer Miller and Iglesias for Crawford? Can't hurt!
                I did.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Comment

Working...
                X