Harrison Polanco Smith Gardner
    DL Brantley Pollock

Iwakuma Tillman Sanchez POmeranz Porcello de la Rosa Karns
    Dyson Colome Jepsen Harris

Hosmer was a free agent?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Hosmer was a free agent?
      Nope, I traded Kennedy/Jeffress for Hosmer/Desmond.
      Last edited by virgonomic; 05-21-2016, 09:17 PM.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Update...Somehow I've made it to 4th in this league. 10 out of third and 30 out of 1st, barely in 4th by a point.

Made one trade Moss and Kennedy for Joe Ross and M Franco.

Roster looks like this:

Ca J Castro
        1b T Shaw
        3b M Franco
        2b A Diaz
        SS J Kang
        Of M Ozuna
        Of J Dyson
        Of W Myers
        UT C Beltran
        UT C Rasmus

Bn C Gomez, J Schoop, DL L Forsyth

SP J Ross, R Hill, D Pomeranz, J Eickhoff, Ar Sanchez, A Nola, T Roark DL DeScalfinni
        CL J Gomez, A Vizcaino, F Rodney, A Colome

Surprisingly my pitching is near the top, but my hitting outside of steals is bottom. I'm thinking I need to package a MI with and arm, but only the top few teams are active and they're loaded.

This may be the best I get, but it is pretty fun.

In my other league I set it to auto draft in an auction then re tooled the team--In first by 15 points :P
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I picked up Adam Duvall for his series in Coors, but then I cut him. I think that was a mistake... I need the power. Much like Piscotty (and maybe Holliday), my inability to figure out who I should actually keep is my biggest weakness in this thing.

Just got offered Justin Upton for Sam Dyson. I think I have to take the chance. I'm in 4th place with 74.5. The first place team has 95 so I'm probably not catching them. I have 49 saves which is good for 11 points (there is a team with 79 who is STILL rolling with 6 closers for some reason).

C Grandal
          1B T Shaw
          2B Panik
          3B Valencia
          SS C Seager
          OF Polanco, Mazara, Eaton
          UT O Herrera, Grichuk
          BN Semien

SP Joe Ross, Rich Hill, Porcello, Velasquez, Shoemaker
          RP Dyson, Betances, Colome, Oh, A Vizcaino, Jeffress and Will Smith

Comment

well it's taken a lot longer to get a respectable team than I wanted but I think I'm almost there (virtually no trading in this league, almost everyone has been a waiver claim/free agent pickup). Hopefully there's enough time to crawl out of the 11th place hole that I dug in the first half. If not it should be interesting to see how close this team can get.

C - R Martin
            1B - C Carter
            2B - D Murphy
            SS - J Villar
            3B - N Castellanos
            OF - M Kemp
            OF - W Myers
            OF - M Upton
            UT - Y Cespedes
            UT - M Saunders
            BN - M Reynolds

SP is a mix of - C Archer, I Kennedy, T Walker, K Gausman, D Duffy, L McCullers, B Norris, & M Pineda, depending on matchups of course.
            RP is now A Colome, K Herrera, B Maurer, & J Soria (just in case), which I consider fortunate as I started with Gregerson & Rodney
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

IF Realmuto Hosmer Travis Seager Desmond
              OF Stanton Polanco Kepler
              UT Espinosa Villar
              B Gordon Brantley Benentendi SPerez
              DL Pollock

SP Pineda Tillman McCarthy
              RP Dyson Colome Harris Oh Maurer Clippard
              DL Taillon

I go into the break in 5th, 21 out of first. My power numbers are inching up. I have struggled to make gains in pitching ratios.

I just lost Harvey, and Taillon to the DL, so I need SP. Someone dropped Sal Perez a week ago and I grabbed him after hitting in 4 straight before the break. I have lots of offensive reinforcements for the second half.

Comment

I'm not having much luck at all this year (10th place). Too many of my starting pitchers are getting torched shortly after I acquire them and my efforts to shore up my HR and RBI holes just are not working. Saves and SBs are the only reason I am not in last place. I can't get anyone interested in taking a closer in a trade. I'll be starting another rebuild soon to see what I can salvage.

C: Realmuto
                1B: K. Morales, AJ Reed, S.Pierce (DL)
                2B: N.Walker, Panik (DL)
                3B: Valencia, J.Turner, J.Baez
                SS: T.Anderson, K.Marte
                OF: S.Marte, Piscotty, Mazara, O.Herrera

SP: Maeda, Velazquez, Griffin, Eickhoff, Ryu (been bouncing in guys like Giolito and Tallion lately)
                RP: Jeffress, Dyson, A.Vizcaino, W.Harris, T.Clippard
                Last edited by Davros; 07-11-2016, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I picked up Bregman the other day and was already offered Will Harris for him. Thoughts? I'm in 6th in saves but really awful in all hitting categories. I'm pretty bad overall. I haven't kept up with it as much as I should have.

I also picked up Gallo today.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'd stick with Bregman, unless Harris is worth a big point jump in saves. Like 4-5 points.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      I'd stick with Bregman, unless Harris is worth a big point jump in saves. Like 4-5 points.
                      Nope. No jump like that. Thanks
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

So how are you all finishing up? any first placers? I got as high as 5th, but gave up on my team mid-August when I realized that that was about as good as it was going to get. It was just impossible to make up significant ground when 4-5 teams drafted a very strong core on day 1.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Same - I'm in 7th. My ratios were awful this year - just couldn't get consistent SP. I did finish first in Saves and SB. Tried to trade a package of Villar/Gordon for a bat at the deadline but no takers. Inactivity is a limiting factor in these leagues.

Not sure I will do this next year as it does affect your overall Yahoo! rating.

Comment

So going into the final 2 days I am tied for 3rd with 83 points. 1 point out of second and 3 points out of third. HR's are a 3 way tie for 3rd at 228 with another at 227 and another at 226 I've loaded up on HR guys who will be playing. I can gain a point in wins if I can get 3 this weekend--I'm currently streaming like a mad man, same with saves, I'm 2 behind and could make up a point with the right magic.

I'll be happy with third, but as competitive as I can be--I of course want to win. I've made 107 moves to date
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Doig
                              What trades did you make?
                              Waivers like a madman works but you usually need trades too
                              Hope you win

Comment

If you are close in W/K, you can stream pitchers during the last few days. I had 5 going yesterday, 3 today and 7 tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X