NL-Only keeper help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL-Only keeper help

11 or 12-team NL-only (still trying to find that last owner), 5x5 (OBP) keeper league

Had about the worst luck you can have with my guys getting traded to the AL (Cueto, Hamels, Maybin, Frazier - of course we implemented grandfathering this year) and I semi-went for it last year so my keeper list is a little weak. Anyway, I can keep as few or as many of the following:

C - Grandal ($17/2017)
    2B - Wong ($11/17)
    2B - Jace Peterson ($5/17)
    SS - Seager ($5/18)
    2B/SS - Gyorko ($10/17)
    OF - Ethier ($6/17)
    OF - Markakis ($16/17)

P - Lackey ($7/17)
    P - Jon Gray ($3/17)
    P - Papelbon ($19/17)
    P - Morton ($1/17)

Minors (can keep 1 for free, any others would count against the cap):
    2B/3B - Brandon Drury ($3)
    OF - Raimel Tapia ($3)
    OF - Brandon Nimmo ($1)
    P - Jose DeLeon ($5)

Thanks!

C - Grandal ($17/2017) - yes in OBP
    2B - Wong ($11/17) - yes
    2B - Jace Peterson ($5/17) -- yeah, I suppose
    SS - Seager ($5/18) --- definitely
    2B/SS - Gyorko ($10/17) -- still a no
    OF - Ethier ($6/17) --- yes
    OF - Markakis ($16/17) --- no

P - Lackey ($7/17) --- yes
    P - Jon Gray ($3/17) ---ummm.... yeah, I guess, maybe yes if 12 teams, no if 11?
    P - Papelbon ($19/17) --- yes
    P - Morton ($1/17) --- not even for a dollar

2B/3B - Brandon Drury ($3) --- if it was me, I'd keep Drury for 3 and then keep either DeLeon or Tapia for free. I'd go Deleon but maybe your league would like Tapia more as a trade chip
    OF - Raimel Tapia ($3)
    OF - Brandon Nimmo ($1)
    P - Jose DeLeon ($5)

Comment

Thanks JC. Young hitters are much better trade chips than young pitchers in this league but since DeLeon is so close to the majors and has the Dodger pitcher shine, he might have decent value.

I like Drury a lot - I'll have to figure out which 3B are likely to be kept and see if it's in my best interest to just plug that spot with Drury and pick up some schlub in the reserve round. Since I'm only keeping 1 outfielder maybe it would be better to keep Tapia as a major leaguer?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        P - Jon Gray ($3/17) ---ummm.... yeah, I guess, maybe yes if 12 teams, no if 11?
        he was a statistical disaster last year, so why even waste the draft slot? i'm pretty sure the o.p. could get him back for that price this year, if he really wanted to. personally, i'd rather have a good middle reliever there.
        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          Thanks JC. Young hitters are much better trade chips than young pitchers in this league but since DeLeon is so close to the majors and has the Dodger pitcher shine, he might have decent value.

I like Drury a lot - I'll have to figure out which 3B are likely to be kept and see if it's in my best interest to just plug that spot with Drury and pick up some schlub in the reserve round. Since I'm only keeping 1 outfielder maybe it would be better to keep Tapia as a major leaguer?
          At least Drury will contribute this year and has a strong chance of being a starter (or at least a 400ab guy) in 2017. Tapia might not play at all this year and isn't likely to come into 2017 with a job. If you keep him for 3 this year can you still make him a free keeper next year?

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
            he was a statistical disaster last year, so why even waste the draft slot? i'm pretty sure the o.p. could get him back for that price this year, if he really wanted to. personally, i'd rather have a good middle reliever there.
            3.63 FIP, 3.84 xFIP, 8.85 K9 last year. Maybe the fence move helps him. He is absolutely startable in a 12-teamer and probably startable in an 11-teamer. Even better if you have liberal reserve rules.

Comment

C - Grandal ($17/2017) yeah not cheap though
              2B - Wong ($11/17) Yes
              2B - Jace Peterson ($5/17) No
              SS - Seager ($5/18) No brainer
              2B/SS - Gyorko ($10/17) Yes
              OF - Ethier ($6/17) yes
              OF - Markakis ($16/17) no

P - Lackey ($7/17) yes
              P - Jon Gray ($3/17) Tough one. If you have a reserve list you can stash him there then yes
              P - Papelbon ($19/17) yes
              P - Morton ($1/17) Not even if you got paid to keep him

2B/3B - Brandon Drury ($3) keep him for cap
              OF - Raimel Tapia ($3) keep him for free
              OF - Brandon Nimmo ($1)
              P - Jose DeLeon ($5)

Comment

Grandal
                Wong
                Jace Peterson
                Seager
                Ethier

Lackey
                Papelbon

OF - Raimel Tapia ($3)
                P - Jose DeLeon ($5

Comment

A lot can happen in a few weeks, can't it

- ended up trading DeLeon for Inciarte at $11, I guess I can still use my free minor leaguer spot for Tapia and then keep Drury as a major leaguer?
                  - traded for Joe Ross at $10 as well; not a ton of profit there, but I'm high on him
                  - Ethier's injury knocks him off the keeper list I would think
                  - with Gray's injury and my trade for Ross, I think I'm going to throw him back (to answer an earlier question, we don't have a bench so I can't spot start him on the road)
                  - is Grandal's injury bad enough to throw him back? seems fairly minor but $17 was probably pushing it anyway. I have until Wednesday to decide so hopefully there's more information by then.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                  X