X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LABR results

NL - http://rtsports.com/labr-nl-auction
    AL - http://rtsports.com/labr-al-auction

The entire Milwaukee bullpen went for $8 ($4 Smith, $2 Jeffress, $2 Knebel) --- as bad as NL closers are, that's very surprising

I'm targeting Knebel in my keeper league.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I saw the link yesterday and wonder why some teams have not filled in their bench? Jason, do you know why...

Comment

I was impressed at the NL Rotowire's team commitment to variance. Five guys in his active lineup who might not even be in the majors on Opening Day, three more who are backups, and six who will probably get more than 5 AB that week. At least his pitching only has one guy in the minors.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

is there a spreadsheet with the two auctions in it? would be nice for sorting, evaluating, etc., and i don't have the time to type everything in...

BTW, dave adler (the baseball HQ AL guy) used to be a colleague of mine out here in NM (we overlapped for a few years when i first got here). has a PhD in astronomy but works on the software/planning side of things...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

9 of the 12 teams in the AL have a shortstop as their MI.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
              is there a spreadsheet with the two auctions in it? would be nice for sorting, evaluating, etc., and i don't have the time to type everything in...

BTW, dave adler (the baseball HQ AL guy) used to be a colleague of mine out here in NM (we overlapped for a few years when i first got here). has a PhD in astronomy but works on the software/planning side of things...
              The c/p into Excel. I've been running NFBC auctions on the site and have a "AAV" average auction value sheet.
              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                I saw the link yesterday and wonder why some teams have not filled in their bench? Jason, do you know why...
                Having been in the room at the keyboard -- guessing it was tracked off-line and they just didn't add it on-line. If the order on the sheet is different than the actual reserve order, you have to add it afterwards.
                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Lol, clearly Steve Moyer does not subscribe to my "pay very little for catchers" concept. The dude spent $55 on three catchers.
                  He's a fan of cornering the marketshare at scarce positions. I think one year he bought three shortstops in AL

Comment

1) As predicted somewhere here on rotojunkie, there's a lot more NL-only middle infielders this year.

2) Interesting how scarce OF seems to be in the NL, especially after one owner took some OF-eligible corners.

3) NL LABR really didn't pay much for pitching.

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post

3) NL LABR really didn't pay much for pitching.
                      Doug Dennis never does, so that's part of it but Steve Moyer joined the fray and multiple teams went dirt cheap on closers and shifted the money to the positional players. NL OF is paper thin, which is why I'm loving my 4-man OF keeper list of Marte, Puig, Peralta & Inciarte in my new 12 team NL league

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                        The c/p into Excel. I've been running NFBC auctions on the site and have a "AAV" average auction value sheet.
                        Todd, is this something you can share or is it a premium item?
                        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Mucho congratulations to Todd Zola! Won mixed LABR AND NL Tout Wars...that's one hell of a double play!
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Mucho congratulations to Todd Zola! Won mixed LABR AND NL Tout Wars...that's one hell of a double play!
                            Nice! Way to go Todd!
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats Lord Zola!
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X