Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closers.....

Closers are the ultimate version of:

Over valued by their owner and undervalued by every other owner in the league. Especially the middling ones who may return great value or return nada.

I have a $1 Tolleson in my 13 team mixed 5x5 league. He can conceivably be kept for 2017 and 2018 too.

Now most expect him to be pretty capable of holding the closers role for 2016 and even if he doesn't last all season, he may still be in the range of 20-25 saves. Or he may completely flame out early and be useless too.

So what is an expected/fair return for dealing him? An $11 Liriano? A $1 Raisel Iglesias? A $1 Berrios?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

A $1 Alex Guerrero.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      A $1 Alex Guerrero.
      That dude blows!!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I would not trade him for an $11 Liriano. I might trade him for a $1 Iglesias. I would trade him for a $1 Berrios.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          I would not trade him for an $11 Liriano. I might trade him for a $1 Iglesias. I would trade him for a $1 Berrios.
          Thanks Revo.

Comment

Working...
          X