Colorado fences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado fences

I was told today that the Rockies are raising the fences at their stadium. I have not read this anywhere. Can anybody confirm this and tell me what exactly is planned?

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
    I was told today that the Rockies are raising the fences at their stadium. I have not read this anywhere. Can anybody confirm this and tell me what exactly is planned?
    Yup, it's true...speculation is that while it'll cut down on homers, it may actually add to the doubles and triples count. Batting average shouldn't be affected negatively.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Yup, it's true...speculation is that while it'll cut down on homers, it may actually add to the doubles and triples count. Batting average shouldn't be affected negatively.
        as long as the outfield is as big as it is, average isn't going to be touched. They have to play back to cover the gaps there and a lot of soft & medium contact flyballs & liners are going to find the shallow grass because of it.

Comment

The wall down the left-field line will be raised five feet, while the fence in right-center will be doubled from eight to 16 feet.

In 2015, Carlos Gonzalez hit 35% of his 40 HR to right-center.

Nolan Arenado hit almost all of his HR to straightaway-left, left-center, and center field.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

There's an article an FG about this today:

Any opportunity to talk about Coors Field is a good opportunity, and, hey, wouldn’t you know it, but the Rockies’ home ballpark is undergoing some alterations that’ll have an effect on the gameplay. I’…

This article estimates a 5% decrease of home runs at Coors but an increase of 2Bs and 3Bs so it predicts a decrease of only about 6 runs per year for the Rockies. So, according to this, not likely to produce a big effect.

Comment

Working...
            X