Chapman Gets 30-Game Suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chapman Gets 30-Game Suspension

He's not appealing. No announcement on Reyes yet....

Aroldis Chapman suspended 30 games

Aroldis Chapman became the first player to accept a suspension under MLB's new domestic violence policy. The 30-game ban will cost him $1,856,557 in salary.

It says he wont appeal.

This is pretty much along the lines of what people thought would be handed down.

Fantasy impact? This should knock Chapman down a few spots among closers, but more importantly (at least to me) is how much you think this bumps Andrew Miller in the same rankings. I can see Miller getting 7-10 saves in that 30-game span. Question is how many more he can squeeze out of the season.

Of course, I have Miller at $5 in a 12-tm mixer and at this moment he is my 10th and final keeper (ratios help even if saves dont). Forgetting the replacement for a minute, would you keep or toss?

Comment

i'm probably keeping miller at $8 in my main league now because of this. pretty serious inflation (of order 30% typically) and we count holds (reliever category is SV-BS+Ho/2).
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14...ended-30-games

It says he wont appeal.

This is pretty much along the lines of what people thought would be handed down.

Fantasy impact? This should knock Chapman down a few spots among closers, but more importantly (at least to me) is how much you think this bumps Andrew Miller in the same rankings. I can see Miller getting 7-10 saves in that 30-game span. Question is how many more he can squeeze out of the season.

Of course, I have Miller at $5 in a 12-tm mixer and at this moment he is my 10th and final keeper (ratios help even if saves dont). Forgetting the replacement for a minute, would you keep or toss?
        I don't keep him in a 12 team mixed league. Too many other roster options available.

Comment

I kept a $6 Miller in a 15 team mixed league.
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

i should have specified that my league is essentially equivalent to a 12 GM only.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X