Setting the waiver wire at the beginning of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Why does my finish matter? Fair is fair. I have been advocating, not complaining about it for years.
    My league does not do waiver wire at all. Only FAAB. For what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      what place did you finish this year? and last year? and did you complain 2 years ago and what did others say?
      I won the league 2012-2014. Finished 2nd last year. So obviously having the last ww position hasn't negatively impacted me.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I won the league 2012-2014. Finished 2nd last year. So obviously having the last ww position hasn't negatively impacted me.
        well, there you go, right?
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

we all saw that coming - you find it unfair because you keep getting the last waiver wire priority - of course

Comment

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

we all saw that coming - you find it unfair because you keep getting the last waiver wire priority - of course
              Haha. Actually no it isn't but, no sense telling you that as you know me right? You know that every opinion I form is just to benefit me, right.

I couldn't want something just because it's fairer for everyone. Because you know me, right?
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Why can't you just answer the question on how to set up the WW? Where anyone finishes has no bearing on what you think.

But hey, just another personal attack here. Nothing new.

Comment

It is a new season so why should last season factor into this season? Also, what if the last place finisher has an insane keeper list and a brilliant draft. So he also gets first ww crack?

And I never feel that it is fair to reward teams for poor seasons.
                  Poor weeks, yes. But poor seasons, no? Personally, I have no issue with last going first, but that's not the point.

I'm not sure why you need a waiver wire before the season starts (but every league's different). I think Gregg had the simplest answer: Wait until the end of Week 1, when you have standings to generate a waiver-wire order,

Comment

I will repeat my answer

so give the first place team first WW crack
                    OR
                    actually go with what you had last year
                    BUT
                    decide what happens next season before this season starts

Comment

Working...
                    X