Setting the waiver wire at the beginning of the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting the waiver wire at the beginning of the season

How does your league set the waiver wire to start the season?

My league has been using the reverse order of last years finish which I find to be stupid and unfair.

I want to do a random draw to set the WW.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

We have our auctions on Saturday NL and Sunday AL. We have a $100 budget for FAAB. Waiver is free. There are stats the first few days before we are allowed to bid. Lowest in the current standings wins in the event of a tie on FAAB bids or if two players want the same waiver pick ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      We have our auctions on Saturday NL and Sunday AL. We have a $100 budget for FAAB. Waiver is free. There are stats the first few days before we are allowed to bid. Lowest in the current standings wins in the event of a tie on FAAB bids or if two players want the same waiver pick ups.
      We have no FAAB so it is important on how the WW is set to start the season.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

My league does reverse of draft order. For auctions, reverse of toss-out order?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          My league does reverse of draft order. For auctions, reverse of toss-out order?
          We have no set toss out order at the auction draft. We just go around the table and guys sit wherever they want.

Random choosing of WW order is fair for everyone.

Comment

No comments on this from you guys?/ You guys who have strong opinions on pretty much everything!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              We have no FAAB so it is important on how the WW is set to start the season.
              What about no WW the first week and then go in order of last to first each week?

Comment

My league has been using the reverse order of last years finish which I find to be stupid and unfair.
                Can I ask why you deem this stupid and unfair?
                (Why, yes, you can Whitey.)

Comment

reverse order make sense to me - let the guy who came in last have first shot - he probably is going to mess up it up just like he did last year

Comment

if it matters that much, why dont you make the waiver order start with the first two teams to finish out of the money and then random draw for the rest. Then there's incentive to keep trying until the end (if the waiver order is that much of an incentive).

Our league does it 6-12 then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 as the waiver order (same way we determine reserve draft order)

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
                      Can I ask why you deem this stupid and unfair?
                      (Why, yes, you can Whitey.)
                      It is a new season so why should last season factor into this season? Also, what if the last place finisher has an insane keeper list and a brilliant draft. So he also gets first ww crack?

And I never feel that it is fair to reward teams for poor seasons.

Comment

It is a new season so why should last season factor into this season? Also, what if the last place finisher has an insane keeper list and a brilliant draft. So he also gets first ww crack?

And I never feel that it is fair to reward teams for poor seasons.
                        so give the first place team first WW crack

actually go with what you had last year
                        BUT
                        decide what happens next season before this season starts

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          so give the first place team first WW crack

actually go with what you had last year
                          BUT
                          decide what happens next season before this season starts
                          I just think a blind draw is the fairest way to do it. New season starts with everyone having the same shot

Comment

I just think a blind draw is the fairest way to do it. New season starts with everyone having the same shot
                            what place did you finish this year? and last year? and did you complain 2 years ago and what did others say?

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              what place did you finish this year? and last year? and did you complain 2 years ago and what did others say?
                              Why does my finish matter? Fair is fair. I have been advocating, not complaining about it for years.

Comment

Working...
                              X