Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Torres and some other prospects - anything to see here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Torres and some other prospects - anything to see here?

I'm thinking of dropping Colvin and picking up one of:

Alex Torres
    Furbush
    Sappelt
    James Darnell

Torres was the lead prospect on BA's hot sheet so word has officially gotten out and if wasnt on anyone's radar before, he is now.
    He has 27 strikeouts in just 15 1/3 innings in three starts. Torres ran into trouble against Charlotte because of four walks, but his control had been great up to that point this season. In two previous starts, he had walked only one hitter in each outing.

This is Torres' first taste of Triple-A, but he is quickly making his case to be the first Bulls' pitcher to get called up should the Rays have an opening.
    Darnell is interesting although he is in SD's farm system. So far in AA he's at 14/1 BB/K .491/.588/.811. But he cant play 3B and scouts wonder if he can hit enough to player a corner OF.

Furbush was mentioned in BA's recent prospect chat:
    I may regret omitting him from my ranking, but you're right in that Tigers Triple-A LHP Charlie Furbush has flat-out dominated this season, allowing just 12 baserunners in 16 2/3 innings to go with 21 strikeouts. The swing-and-miss stuff's there, but I guess I still have reservations about the 25-year-old's command. Last year with Toledo he got hit hard in nine starts (10.9 hits and 1.7 homers per nine innings). Soon enough we'll know which was the fluke performance, late 2010 or early 2011.
    I'm not sure if there's room for Sappelt this season in Cin but he seems like a safe prospect, a little power, a little speed, good contact, some walks. Already in AAA so he's close.

Thoughts?
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Torres has been fantastic - walks were a problem last year for him but the early word out of Durham is solid. If the club finds something wrong with Niemann, Torres would get the promotion. If the club moves Shields this season at peak value (off to a terrific start), Torres makes the jump. Torres was yet another piece of the Kazmir deal.

Comment

thanks, grabbed Torres last night and will monitor the others.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Torres has 3rd starter potential -- if Neil Allen can help harness his control as he did last year with Matt Moore in Pt. Charlotte, look out.

Comment

Torres: 12/11 k/bb in last two starts.

Comment

Working...
          X