12-mixed keeper suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12-mixed keeper suggestions

12-team mixed, 5x5 using AVG, normal rosters (2 catcher). Keep up to 6. I have a couple guys under long-term contract, but the penalty for breaking that is trivial so it's still an option. Which of the following should I keep?

Lucroy $6
    Grandal $9
    Brad Miller $6
    Donaldson $32 (stars go for $45-50)
    Schoop $6
    Bryant $3
    Stroman $6
    Billy Hamilton $12 (would cost $5 of $100 FAAB budget to cut)
    Harvey $11 (would cost $5 of FAAB budget to cut)

I think Donaldson, Bryant, and Harvey are definite; what do you think of the others?
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Stroman, Hamilton, and Lucroy are the only three I'd consider at those prices..
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Lucroy $6
      Donaldson $32
      Schoop $6
      Bryant $3
      Billy Hamilton $12
      Harvey $11
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Lucroy $6
        Donaldson $32
        Schoop $6
        Bryant $3
        Billy Hamilton $12
        Harvey $11
        I agree with this, although I'd switch out Schoop for Stroman.

Comment

btw, forgot to mention this - I also have a free Schwarber that I'm keeping. We do use two catchers though. That wouldn't make you want to throw Lucroy back, would it? Or trade him?
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Stroman, Hamilton, Miller...Miller will out-earn Schoop by a wide margin, IMO.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
              btw, forgot to mention this - I also have a free Schwarber that I'm keeping. We do use two catchers though. That wouldn't make you want to throw Lucroy back, would it? Or trade him?
              Seems like a very nice advantage to have two good cheap catchers in a two catcher league. I would keep both and enjoy watching your competition bid up all of the terrible catchers that you call out for $1 at the auction.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

followup on this - I'm planning to keep the list that eld/Sour Masher suggested. However I got a late offer to consider:

some subset of Harvey $11, Donaldson $32, Bryant $3 for Corey Seager (won't count against my keepers this year, will be $2 next year and +5/yr after that)

I'm not considering Bryant, but would I trade Harvey or Donaldson for Seager? If I did, who else should I keep?

btw I forgot in the original list - I also have Ryan Zimmerman $6 and Andrew Miller $6 as options.

also this year a bunch of top-end talent happens to have long-term contracts expiring, so it's probably a good time to have money available - Trout, Harper, Stanton, Rizzo, Betts, Sale, Kershaw, Scherzer, McCutchen, Abreu, Altuve, Bautista, Cespedes, JD Martinez will all be in the auction.

Comment

Working...
                X