Looking for some Keeper help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some Keeper help please

I am in a 12 team, H2H, Standard 5x5 scoring (with .OPS and K/BB, so it's a 6x6). We are able to keep 6 players.

I have somewhat of an idea of who I want to keep, however I'm getting a lot of back and forth opinions on who my sixth keeper should be. I would like your opinions on who your six would be please.

Positional Breakdown: C, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, OF x3, Util x2, SP x2, RP x2, P x3, then bench spots.

The options:
    Clayton Kershaw
    David Price
    Corey Kluber
    Andrew McCutchen
    AJ Pollock
    George Springer
    Justin Upton
    Nolan Arenado
    Dee Gordon
    Prince Fielder

Those are more or less the obvious options. I'll toss a few more in the mix.
    Marcus Stroman
    Steven Matz
    Masahiro Tanaka
    Aroldis Chapman
    Kenley Jansen
    Corey Seager

My original thinking is to keep: Kershaw, Price, McCutchen, Springer, Pollock, Arenado

Any help/opinions are very much appreciated.

Thank you.

If it was my team, I'd keep Kershaw, Kluber, Cutch, Pollock, Arenado, and Gordon. Your problem is too many good choices!
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

If it was my team, I'd keep Kershaw, Kluber, Springer, Pollock, Arenado, and Gordon.

I like Springer better that Cutch or Pollock this year. And I like Pollock better than Cutch. I am concerned about McCutchen's sb's.

Comment

No way you keep Gordon. Note that OPS is added as a sixth category. Unless you're pretty sure Gordon is going to hit over .300 again - which he certainly could, but would be necessary to keep his OPS close to league average - Gordon is way above average in one category (SB), above average in two (AVG, R), average to below in one (OPS), and way below in two (HR, RBI). And it's a H2H league, and with Cutch and Pollock and Springer you already have guys who are going to steal some bases. You don't get a carryover bonus for crushing someone by 5 or 10 SB in a week.

I'd keep the list you proposed.
        In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
          No way you keep Gordon. Note that OPS is added as a sixth category. Unless you're pretty sure Gordon is going to hit over .300 again - which he certainly could, but would be necessary to keep his OPS close to league average - Gordon is way above average in one category (SB), above average in two (AVG, R), average to below in one (OPS), and way below in two (HR, RBI). And it's a H2H league, and with Cutch and Pollock and Springer you already have guys who are going to steal some bases. You don't get a carryover bonus for crushing someone by 5 or 10 SB in a week.

I'd keep the list you proposed.
          I actually do think he will hit over .300 this year. 27 years old prime of his baseball life.

Comment

Thank you for the replies and opinions. I appreciate everyone's insight.

Comment

I'm with Eld in that you really can't go wrong keeping and of your top 8-9. I've admitted elsewhere that I tend to devalue no pop speedsters, so I am in the camp that would probably keep not keep Gordon, given the extra category of OPS. My top 6 would be Kershaw, Kluber, McCutchen, Springer, Pollock, Arenado.

So, your original list, but I like Kluber a tad more than Price. I think they are both about that same level of awesome in most cats, but I like Kluber for more Ks, and also have a bit better k/bb ratio. Your extra cat puts Kluber in the lead by a hair imo (although he will probably lose out in era and wins to Price).

Comment

Working...
              X