P Liam Hendricks
    P Corey Knebel
    P Joe Musgrove
    P Sean Newcomb
    P Matt Shoemaker
    P Carson Smith
    P Jameson Tailion

Comment

• frae, JC, how are you guys doing? frae's team looks pretty nice at this point, I think...

I'm in fourth (116.5, 116.5, 108.5, 103), largely because I apparently didn't take anyone who steals bases.

picks that worked out well:

Naquin (40th)
      Dyson (36th)
      Diaz (33rd)
      KHerrera (32nd)
      Shoemaker (30th)
      Espinosa (29th)
      Saunders (26th)
      Napoli (24th)
      Schoop (15th)

Picks that didn't:
      Cutch (1st) - would be at 112 points with Betts instead
      Robertson (7th) - enh, I guess this is ok, but not good
      Stroman (8th)
      Dickerson (9th)
      Park (11th)
      Storen (13th)
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Yeah I am in 4th in a pretty close race. 1st is tied at 113.5 and 3rd is 104.5 and I am tied for 4th at 103. So there are 5 teams in it at this point. Sadly the thing that is killing me from being well clear in 3rd is wins. I have 54 wins and am only getting 3.5 points in that category. It is really tight in that category so if I can get hot I could get all the way up to 9 points. My pitching has overall been good, first in whip and top 1/3 in K's.

On the hitting side I am way ahead in HR's with 225, top 1/3 in RBI and Runs. BA is right in the middle and SB's I am getting 6 points. I have started playing the SB AVG guys over the power guys when it is close. With 5 teams that close I doubt I can win, but I think 3rd is realistic.

The Good

Betts 2nd round He has been great
        Ortiz 8th round amazing year
        Kyle Seager 5th round pretty solid year
        Kluber 4th rd lots of K's, always pitches and a great whip
        Ian Desmond 9th round this one was a huge hit. SS/OF flexibility has helped me a lot
        Carlos Santana 14th round - big power win here, avg isn't crushing me
        Justin Turner 19th rd The cold start was rough, but wow has he got hot
        J Baez 20th rd - Flexibility and speed/power combo have helped
        Sam Dyson 38th rd - When Giles and Gregerson both lost the Astros job he saved me

Could be big at the end
        J Taillon 37th rd I am short starters at this point and he could be huge
        D Bundy 39th rd looks great right now
        J Musgrove 46th rd - Those K's look awesome

Misses

Cutch - 1st rd I should have taken Miggy or taken Betts here and Marte around the turn or if the guy in front of me had left me Altuve, this one isn't going well
        Carrasco 3rd This isn't on the cutch level but injuries hurt him and he probably won't get 150 innings
        Giles 7th - Been on my bench most of the year, just getting back in my lineup now
        Choo 10th - Always hurt

Those are the bad early picks, I had other guys I picked that I thought could break out not work
        Carson Smith - hurt
        Kyle Gibson - sucking
        WY Checn - blah

Overall it has gone pretty well and I am happy to be in it and at least have a chance to get most of my entry back if I finish 3rd.

Comment

• Well my starting pitchers finally decided to get some wins and the race has tightened up (I know you are all waiting for an update). Anyway I am in 4th but the standings are now...

So I could be anywhere from out of the money to first place. Between this and RJEL I don't ever recall really grinding points so much.

Comment

• Well for the first time this year I am in 1st place today...

4 team race at this point, it is going to be a stressful end of the year.

Comment

• A little bit of change in the standings, heck each night it swings a few points. As of today I am in 2nd, with close races in number of categories...

Me 112

I need some luck here, I can still get up to 3 points in BA and 3.5 in wins. I could get 1 point in WHIP and 2 in K's and that is about it. I can also lose points a number of places.

Comment

• OK last update before the seasons ends. I have closed the gap and we have a race

115.5 Me

So I think i have safely locked up a money spot at this point, but now I have a real chance to win and 1st is $1,000 whereas 2nd is like $350. So where can I get points? BA, I could get 1. Wins I could get as many as 3 points. I am starting 8 SP's (because I don't have 9 healthy ones) to chase down wins. I am locked into my saves spot. I could get a point in K's. I could get as many as 3.5 in SB's. So this race is going to be crazy and I could also lose points so anything could happen. I wish I had anyone on my bench that was a pure speed guy, but alas I will have to go with what I have. We will see how it goes.

Comment

• Wow what a bad last week for my team. Winner wound up at 122 and 2nd was 115, I dropped down to 3rd at 111. In the end I get 125 of the 150 I paid back so it is something, but what could have been

Comment

Working...
                  X