No announcement yet.

time for 2016 keepers....but first....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• time for 2016 keepers....but first....

ok, so i have an offer on the table that is somewhat minor of a deal in my opinion. it does however, impact my keepers that i had planned on moving forward with.

5x5 standard with OBP instead of avg. al/nl league with a $260 budget. i can only keep 7 (8 with an offseason trade). salaries go up $5 per year on those you keep, unless acquired in an offseason trade, then it's $3).

without discussing my entire roster, here's the trade offer:

he gets Garrett Richards ($11 keeper for me that i had not intended on keeping)

i get a $4 Grichuk and a $7 Casilla (i won't even keep Casilla)

what this does is essentially replace Khris Davis, who i was thinking about keeping at $6. i'll run down the rest of my keepers in a bit, but i'm wondering who you would rather have as a keeper. Davis at $6 or Grichuk at $4. they both seem similar with Grichuk in a better park and supporting lineup. i was going to initially turn the offer down, but i'm thinking that accepting it might be the way to go.

below is my roster and the keepers are bolded.

C James McCann C | DET 6
    C Roberto Perez C | CLE 7
    1B Anthony Rizzo 1B | CHC 19
    3B Nolan Arenado 3B | COL 11
    SS Jean Segura SS | MIL 16
    MI Francisco Lindor SS | CLE 11
    CI C.J. Cron 1B | LAA 6
    OF Mookie Betts OF | BOS 11
    OF Jay Bruce OF | CIN 25
    OF Delino DeShields OF | TEX 6
    OF Josh Harrison 2B,3B,OF | PIT 13
    OF Brandon Moss 1B,OF | STL 20
    U Ian Desmond SS | WAS 32
    U Jimmy Paredes U | BAL 12
    CI Ben Paulsen 1B,OF | COL 6
    OF Khris Davis OF | MIL 6
    OF Jorge Soler OF | CHC 11
    OF Steven Souza OF | TB 6

Pitchers
    Pos Players salary
    P Dellin Betances P | NYY 11
    P Tyler Clippard P | NYM 10
    P Mike Fiers P | HOU 20
    P Mike Leake P | STL 6
    P Lance McCullers P | HOU 7
    P Garrett Richards P | LAA 11
    P Ervin Santana P | MIN 6
    P Blake Snell P | TB 6
    P Taijuan Walker P | SEA 10
    P Steven Matz P | NYM 7
    P Robbie Ray P | ARI 6
    P Marcus Stroman P | TOR 6

Comment

Davis walks a lot more than Grichuk. I think they're fairly even, all things considered. Though I will say I like an $11 Richards better than either.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        Davis walks a lot more than Grichuk. I think they're fairly even, all things considered. Though I will say I like an $11 Richards better than either.
        hmmm.....ok. thoughts on Matz or McCullers at $7 then?

i like Richards, but knowing our draft, i thought i'd be able to get him at around 8 or 9, which is why i hadn't entertained keeping him at 11.

Comment

Originally posted by redbroyer View Post
          hmmm.....ok. thoughts on Matz or McCullers at $7 then?

i like Richards, but knowing our draft, i thought i'd be able to get him at around 8 or 9, which is why i hadn't entertained keeping him at 11.
          I like both of those guys too. I think I'd rank them McCullers, Richards, Matz.

How many teams in the league? I think Lindor is probably in the same range as those 3 guys and Davis, but if it's a deep league I can definitely understand not wanting to get caught without a shortstop.

If you can get Richards back for 8 or 9 then maybe you should load up on offense because pitchers are easy to get.

Comment

I agree with JC, I like Davis just as much as Grichuk, so no need to deal away Richards for him. I'd package Davis + Richards for a much better keeper than Grichuk.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              I agree with JC, I like Davis just as much as Grichuk, so no need to deal away Richards for him. I'd package Davis + Richards for a much better keeper than Grichuk.
              So you don't believe that the salary difference between the two would be enough to pull the trigger? I also figured Davis playing more than half his games in pitcher friendly parks might swing the pendulum too.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                I would for sure take Grichuk and $2 over Davis. It's not particularly close for me, honestly.

I'd rank the pitchers --- McCullers - Matz - Richards, given the prices.

I'd be looking to move Lindor, personally. He's being extraordinarily overvalued right now, imo, and the time is ripe to take advantage of that.
                Interesting you mention lindor. I have an offer from a guy for him and soler but he's offering a 9 fielder. I'm going to try to get a 24 abreu instead.

Comment

well, i offered him Lindor,Soler, and one of my pitchers for Abreu and Kang. it doesn't appear that he's going to budge on Abreu. thoughts on Lindor and Soler for Kang and Fielder? our league is a 12 team and mashers at first base are going to be thin i believe. with the amount of talent potentially being kept at 1B, i would not be surprised for the Goldschmidt owner to keep him at $48 this year. so, this would be a $4 Kang and $9 Fielder who will lock up my CI slot. do you think it's worth it? it looks like Kang should be good enough at SS and I'll only be losing out on some SBs compared to Lindor (if Lindor's power repeats). if i accept this deal though, the problem then becomes picking keepers again as i'm already at 8 and i'll be adding two while removing one.

Comment

Fielder didn't play 20 games at 1st last year...what's your minimum?
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

15. i'm going to have to double check

Comment

yup, 15 and according to our league, he's eligible at 1b

Comment

I think that I'd be fine with that deal then...just as long as you have sufficient speed to cover for the loss of Lindor.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            I think that I'd be fine with that deal then...just as long as you have sufficient speed to cover for the loss of Lindor.
                            it's something i'll have to address in our draft. i didn't pay a ton of attention to Kang last year, so i have nothing but his stat line.......anybody think he's good to go and showed enough that he can play at the MLB level? or do you think that it was just enough luck to get him by?

Comment

hmmm now i've been offered Hosmer straight up for Lindor. on the surface, one might not be ok with that, but Hosmer at $8 looks as though he offers better value at every category minus stolen bases. he's in his prime as well. i had planned on targeting him in the draft and i'm thinking an $8 Homser is better than a $9 Fielder. any final thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X