Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL only trade help please

10 team AL Only 5x5 using OPS instead of BA. Keeper/topper league

I have been offered Francisco Lindor ($2 But a Topper) and $2 Chris Iannetta for $3 Trevor Plouffe and $6 Brad Miller.

I really like Lindor but my instinct is to pass. I think with Lindor being a topper he goes to mid teens salary and then back in the pool in 2018. I have Miller for $6 so I would get less stats at a third of the price. I have concerns about Plouffe. Can he continue putting up solid stats? It is getting crowded with Mauer, Sano, the new Korean so I wonder if he gets squeezed. Iannetta is more of a throw in. So for $9 I have two reasonable keepers or I could spend $15-$18 one keeper that I may like but realistically does not have much profit. I am not real sure I see Iannetta as a keeper.

Thanks
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

You have to be reeeeal impressed with a guy to trade for his topper rights. You're trading for about a $3 discount off the max price that anyone else in the league thinks he's worth, which could easily be more than you think he's worth. I can't imagine giving up any actual assets for that.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I think that I'd turn that deal down, I just think that Lindor played over his head last year, and will come down to earth.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

I really like Lindor, but I'd pass too. I agree that he and Miller aren't THAT far apart and I think Plouffe is fine. He has played some 1B and OF before so even if they decide to move Sano back to 3B for some reason, Plouffe should still have a regular job. Their other options for their last corner spot (LF) are Rosario, Danny Santana and Kepler, none of whom are a huge threat.

Comment

Thanks guys I passed on the deal. Like Lindor but I think the deal costs me money, flexibility and too many stats going the other way.

Comment

After a few emails the offer now on the table for him is

Boxberger $5, Lindor (Topper) and Iannetta $2 for my Miller $6, Russell Martin $12, Zach Britton $1 and Plouffe $3.

I love the idea of having a cheap closer in hand going into the draft instead of having Britton and his topper rights. I basically trade topper rights from a closer (Britton) to a SS (Lindor). Martin really isn't a keeper. Miller I am on the fence about but I think Plouffe is a keeper.

I will already have Trout, Joey Bats & Altuve as keepers with Topper right on Springer. I also have Trumbo $2 and Moustakas $9 for hitting so I can afford to give up the offense ( I took 47/50 hitting points last year) and have the core back in tow.

Is this one more palatable?

Comment

Is Britton $1 or a topper? If he's a topper ... I am still not sure I like it but it's better. Iannetta isn't a keeper for me. I'd much rather have Martin. But assuming you wouldn't keep either, you go from something like

Britton 25 + Miller 6 + Plouffe 3

to something like Lindor 20 + Boxberger 5

Comment

Working...
              X