What to do? Keeper thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do? Keeper thoughts?

14 team mixed, 5x5, $300 budget. Mith and madducks are also in the league.
    Prices in parentheses are salaries for 2016, 2017 and 2018, if applicable. Keep max 8.

K Morales (1,6,11)
    Odor (9,14,19)
    Moustakas (1,6,11)
    Sano (1,6,11)
    Grichuk (1,6,11)
    Piscotty (1,6,11)
    Reddick (1,6,11)

Gray (11,16)
    Wacha (11,16)
    Carrasco (6,11,16)
    Salazar (11,16)
    Archer (11,16)
    Mccullers (1,6,11)
    AJ Ramos (1,6,11)
    Jansen (21,26,31)
    C Capps (1,6,11)

The obvious answer is to try to swing a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal; all players involved in off season trades must be kept. I thought about keeping Sano and 7 pitchers if I can't swing any deals. The top hitters (Trout, Goldy) are $70+ and will probably be kept. Harper and Cutch are both in the $50s. Donaldson and Machado are cheaper, as well as Pollock, Blackmon, and Frazier. I don't want to throw 3 guys at another owner just for the sake of making a deal. Is my staff strong enough or should I look at trying to get a stud starter instead? I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on the subject, and thanks in advance.

That... is a really nice list.

1. Carrasco
    2. Archer
    3. Sano
    4. Moose
    5. Piscotty
    6. McCullers
    7 and 8. 2 of Gray/Wacha/Salazar

Comment

Sano
      Morales

Gray
      Carrasco
      Archer
      Salazar
      Jansen
      Ramos

Maybe try and deal Salazar/McCullers/Wacha for a stud although I'm not sure which stud pitchers are available for cheap.
      Last edited by Mithrandir; 02-16-2016, 01:42 PM.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

1. Carrasco
        2. Archer
        3. Sano
        4. Moose
        5. Piscotty
        6. McCullers
        7. Gray

For me it's down to Salazar or Wacha for the last spot
        Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
        Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Sano $1
          Grichuk $1
          McCullers $1
          Carrasco $6
          Archer $11
          Gray $11
          Salazar $11
          Ramos $1
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Everyone seems really high on McCullers. Hmmmm
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Sano (1,6,11)
              Mccullers (1,6,11)
              Grichuk (1,6,11)
              Piscotty (1,6,11)
              Carrasco (6,11,16)
              Archer (11,16)
              Gray (11,16)
              Moustakas (1,6,11)

Salazar (11,16)
              Odor (9,14,19)
              Wacha (11,16)
              K Morales (1,6,11)

I'd keep the Top 8 here, but look to package Moose with Odor and/or Salazar for a stud.

Comment

I'm surprised at the high level of love for McCullers. I do like him, but why do you guys rate him above Salazar? From what I understand, he's going to be on an innings watch to keep him fresh for the end of the season/playoffs. If that is the case, he will have starts skipped during the year. I can see him having more upside than Wacha. Decisions are tough.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                  I'm surprised at the high level of love for McCullers. I do like him, but why do you guys rate him above Salazar? From what I understand, he's going to be on an innings watch to keep him fresh for the end of the season/playoffs. If that is the case, he will have starts skipped during the year. I can see him having more upside than Wacha. Decisions are tough.
                  I think Salazar is somewhere around #20 at SP and McCullers somewhere around #35. I like Salazar better... but 10 bucks better? Especially for a staff that already has Carrasco and Archer, and some combo of Wacha/Gray/Salazar? I'll take the $1 guy who is going to outperform when I have that staff.

Comment

I was offered a $1 Arrieta for Salazar, Morales, and Jansen. I don't know if he would change his mind, but it would give me a potential staff of:
                    Arrieta 1
                    Carrasco 6
                    Archer 11
                    McCullers 1
                    Gray 11

Sano 1
                    combo of Moose 1, Grichuck 1, Piscotty 1

Total keeper list of $33 if we do this trade.

Comment

Originally posted by MagSeven View Post
                      I was offered a $1 Arrieta for Salazar, Morales, and Jansen. I don't know if he would change his mind, but it would give me a potential staff of:
                      Arrieta 1
                      Carrasco 6
                      Archer 11
                      McCullers 1
                      Gray 11

Sano 1
                      combo of Moose 1, Grichuck 1, Piscotty 1

Total keeper list of $33 if we do this trade.
                      Arrieta is $6.. And yeah he's probably going to change his mind

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        That's a fantastic deal for you. Hope he doesn't change his mind.
                        I own Arrieta . I casually proposed a possible deal for Arrieta to gauge interest. Sorry Mag7

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          I own Arrieta . I casually proposed a possible deal for Arrieta to gauge interest. Sorry Mag7
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Was offered Stanton (44 this year, 49 next) for Jansen and Archer? Fair? Thought of replacing Archer with Salazar and Wacha. Not sure if that would fly with him. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X