2K16: Jackie Bradley, Jr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K16: Jackie Bradley, Jr.

It was looking like more of the same disappointment from Jackie Bradley Jr. in 2015 after he started August with a 5-for-40 skid over the season's first three months. But then the lights went on for the former top prospect as he had the best month of his career, hitting .354 with a .723 SLG in August with 5 HRs, and followed that up with a decent September, hitting .249/.335/.498 with 10 HRs and 43 Runs and 43 RBIs overall.

I like Bradley a lot because he not only hits HRs, but hits 2Bs as well, which led to solid Run/RBI totals in his full minor league seasons. If the light stays on and he could raise his BA to the .260 mark, he could potentially be a .260/.360/.500 player with some speed and a moatload of runs and RBIs.

I'll go:
    525 ABs
    76 Runs
    16 HRs
    68 RBIs
    7 SBs
    .259 BA
    .345 OBP
    .490 SLG

Like the 10.1% walk rate.

Really don't love the 27.1% K rate from a guy who isn't a power hitter.

He had a really low line drive rate (15.6%) and really didn't hit that many fly balls. He needed a 17.9% HR/FB to even get to 10 HRs in half a season.

Also he hit .306 in 72 ABs against lefties last year and .221 in 149 ABs against righties. I know his PT has been uneven, but he also struggled more against righties in 2014. That's kind of a weird split to have.

That said, Rusney Castillo is no great shakes and Chris Young can't hit righties, so I think the playing time is there. The Sawx are moving Mookie to RF (assuming Bradley doesn't bomb in ST) so Bradley might not have to compete as hard with Brock Holt for the desperation ABs.

I would say maybe 550 PAs, .240/.320/.430, 12 HRs and 5 steals.

Comment

I knew I loved this guy! Too bad I was only able to get him in one league, the RJ mock.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I knew I loved this guy! Too bad I was only able to get him in one league, the RJ mock.
        I had an opportunity to trade Alcides Escobar for him during the first week of the season and passed. I'm dumb. I did manage to get Nate Karns for JJ Hoover in that deal, however. But I should have gone with the 2 for 2.

Comment

Last 14 days: 45 PA, .415/.467/.805 (per B-R)
          Second time he's gone on a tear like this (August 2015: 91 PA, .354/.429/.734)
          And last Sept/October, when his avg and obp took an expected hit, he still had the isoPower (118 PA, .216/.308/.431).

Lots to like - low 1st round pick, top 50 prospect pre-2013 & pre-2014, left handed batter, legit CF defensively, great home park and road parks in the AL East, stacked Boston lineup which currently has only one hole (at catcher).

As far as cons - 5'10", high-ish K rate, lowish BB rate will probably mean a low avg/obp. At times he has posted good K and BB rates, so the jury may be out there.
          Also, he may be better real-life than fantasy: if he plays solid defense and hits 40 doubles with a low salary, he's really valuable in Boston. But he could do that while posting meh fantasy numbers of .320 OBP, 12 HR and 5 SBs.

Personally, I've got him at $2 and am holding because his situation is so good.
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

The CBS video guy keeps saying it can't last. I've been happy so far. I thought I owned him everywhere, but apparently not in my league with CJ.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Just dealt him at 8 for Johnny Peralta 2 and DeScalfini 2

Hopefully I won't regret it.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                Just dealt him at 8 for Johnny Peralta 2 and DeScalfini 2

Hopefully I won't regret it.
                I think that he's better in an OBP league like the RJEL, but at the end of the day, I don't think that he's a game changer, other than defensively.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I think that he's better in an OBP league like the RJEL, but at the end of the day, I don't think that he's a game changer, other than defensively.
                  I needed a SS, I dealt Andrus and have to live with Owings until Peralta returns. I also hope that deScalfini can provide depth on my staff which is very much underperforming.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    I needed a SS, I dealt Andrus and have to live with Owings until Peralta returns. I also hope that deScalfini can provide depth on my staff which is very much underperforming.
                    I think that it's a pretty fair deal for you. Peralta is going to play for sure, just where is the question if Diaz keeps hitting. Maybe 1st base? DeSclafani is really underrated, IMO...if he gets healthy, a nice get. And honestly, I really like Owings as kind of a sneaky play...as I told Pete, just never have been a fan of Andrus.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I think that it's a pretty fair deal for you. Peralta is going to play for sure, just where is the question if Diaz keeps hitting. Maybe 1st base? DeSclafani is really underrated, IMO...if he gets healthy, a nice get. And honestly, I really like Owings as kind of a sneaky play...as I told Pete, just never have been a fan of Andrus.
                      You said Sneaky Pete..........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

As the other party here, it was a very fair offer. While I'm no Sox fan, I've liked what I've seen from JBJ since the last half of last season, and his defense will keep him in that great lineup. Now they just need to move him up from the #9 hole.

As far as what I parted with, both are solid keepers (as is JBJ), but I'm wary of any setbacks, and in Peralta's case, of Diaz stealing [stole?] his job. I like Disco -- heck, I acquired him from Doig as a keeper and never got a single inning from him! -- but you gotta give to get.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                          As the other party here, it was a very fair offer. While I'm no Sox fan, I've liked what I've seen from JBJ since the last half of last season, and his defense will keep him in that great lineup. Now they just need to move him up from the #9 hole.

As far as what I parted with, both are solid keepers (as is JBJ), but I'm wary of any setbacks, and in Peralta's case, of Diaz stealing [stole?] his job. I like Disco -- heck, I acquired him from Doig as a keeper and never got a single inning from him! -- but you gotta give to get.
                          And as I said, he's better in an OBP league like ours, I also agreed that it's a fair deal, I just like Doig's side more.

As far as JBJ moving out of the 9th hole...I think that may be a while in coming. The bottom of that line-up is raking.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

JBJ with his second 6-RBI game of the week! Criminy!

Comment

I traded $6 JBJ pre-season for $10 Buxton.
                              Thought I fleeced him.
                              I could use that wool back - gettin chilly in here...
                              One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Working...
                              X