Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis Basabe, what's the deal?

Look at these two links side by side:

Luis Alexander Basabe Minor, Winter & Fall Leagues Statistics including batting, fielding, prospect rankings and more on Baseball-Reference.com

Luis Alejandro Basabe Minor & Winter Leagues Statistics including batting, fielding, prospect rankings and more on Baseball-Reference.com

Same guy? Twins? Quirk of record keeping? Same birthdate, same birthplace, same handedness, same MLB organization (Red Sox). Different height and weight, different stats, different middle name when playing OF versus IF.

What's the deal? Anyone know? Red Sox fans?
    Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

That is weird. I think it is a record keeping quirk. The first link matches the info on milb.com, so I think that is the right page, and the other one might be an error/redundant page that shouldn't exist.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2015/ALL

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      That is weird. I think it is a record keeping quirk. The first link matches the info on milb.com, so I think that is the right page, and the other one might be an error/redundant page that shouldn't exist.

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp...tting/2015/ALL
      "Relationship(s): twin brother of Luis Alejandro Basabe"

You inadvertently answered my question. Thanks.
      Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Comment

Almost as confusing as 2 Rougned Odors playing for the same org at the SAME position!

Comment

Originally posted by TopChuckie View Post
          "Relationship(s): twin brother of Luis Alejandro Basabe"

You inadvertently answered my question. Thanks.
          That's the way I answer most questions . I guess I couldn't fathom another set of parents naming their boys the same thing, and both boys being professional ball players, and these are twins no less. These parents are as imaginative as George Foreman.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 02-10-2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

With one being traded to Arizona, should be easier to keep track of who is who now.

Here's an article about them from last month:

Comment

Working...
            X