Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since it's out there My preliminary RJEL Keeper list

18 teams

standard 5x5 roto with OBP replacing Avg.

Arenado $4 Extending 2-3 years so Min $14-2018 or $19-2019
    W Castillo $1A
    F Freeman $15-2016
    Burns $1A
    K Davis $6-2016
    Pillar $1A
    M Franco $4z

J Garcia $1A

That's 8 for sure

on the cusp:

Ar Sanchez $5z
    Z Wheeler $2A
    Schoop $5A
    DeScalfini $2z
    Nola $6z
    E Rod $4z

Z's are first year
    201x means last year of an extension.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Schoop is going to be a beast at 2nd. At $5 he is a no brainer for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Schoop is going to be a beast at 2nd. At $5 he is a no brainer for me.
      I would be worried about his OBP, definitely for 2016. He was lucky to hit .276 BA, given his brutal discipline numbers (79 K, 9 BB in 305 AB), and even that only led to a .306 OBP... there's negative value potential in his profile if he sees a serious BABIP regression, and he has less SB's than most MI options. Even if he's a legit 25+ HR guy, the whole package carries a limited ceiling given the OBP concerns and lack of SB.

With that said, it's always tough to find cheap offense at the draft and easier to find cheap pitching...

I'd probably go with Schoop + your fave SP from Sanchez, DeSclafini, Rodriguez, Nola... I would lean towards DeSclafini due to price and opportunity, but some might prefer the higher upside of Sanchez? Or some might prefer Rodriguez due to Boston's bullpen? If you go ceiling: Sanchez or Nola... Reliability: Desclafini, Rodriguez.

I'd say look to package those guys for better 9th/10th keepers. Keep Schoop in mind as a sell high guy, before the bottom falls out of his BA/OBP.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
      X