Scharber for Pollock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scharber for Pollock?

In my home league the owner of Pollock (8) called me and asked if I was willing to trade Schwarber (5). The contract statuses are the same. I fear Pollock will regress a great deal. He brought up Pollock's name.

Does Schwarber qualify at catcher in your league. He has 20 games.

I own both and would have a hard time making this trade...admitted Cubs Fan.

Comment

Schwarber qualifies at catcher

Comment

How many teams? NL only or mixed? How many catchers start?

Comment

2 catchers, 15 team mixed, traditional 5x5.

Comment

I'd do the deal...I can't see Pollock regressing that much, but I can see Schwarber being overvalued this year. Don't forget that he's still had well less than 1000 professional at bats, there's still a pretty big learning curve there, and pitchers have a book on him now. Pollock has followed a nice growth curve, and is pretty close to an elite player right now, IMO.

Schwarber will likely lose catcher status after this season, unless something changes in the Cubs plans...
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

With your league parameters and the paucity of Cs, I think I'd hold, but it's a tough call. In my league (12 teams, 1 C) I'd do it. Schwarber has a chance to be an elite power source at the weakest (by far) position.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                With your league parameters and the paucity of Cs, I think I'd hold, but it's a tough call. In my league (12 teams, 1 C) I'd do it. Schwarber has a chance to be an elite power source at the weakest (by far) position.
                I agree. There are more guys that can supply Pollock numbers from an OF slot than there are guys who can supply Schwarber numbers from a C spot.

It is a fair offer, though.

Comment

Yeah, I'll echo DMT, ElD and The Dane. A strong offer, and in a one catcher league, one I'd probably accept (even though I agree that Pollock will regress). But given your league set up, good OFers are a relatively easy commodity to find, whereas elite hitting catchers are like unicorns.

Comment

Assuming both have contracts beyond this year, Pollock will fetch more in-season from a dumper since schwarber wont likely qualify at catcher beyond 2016.

Comment

By everything I have read, Schwarber is working on both his catching and LF skills. I would not be so quick to dismiss that he will not qualify at catcher for the 2017 season. Joe likes to move pieces around. I do not think that 20 games is stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        By everything I have read, Schwarber is working on both his catching and LF skills. I would not be so quick to dismiss that he will not qualify at catcher for the 2017 season. Joe likes to move pieces around. I do not think that 20 games is stretch.
                        I completely agree. Maddon will get him the 20 games at catcher.

I would like to thank everyone for their input. After reading the comments and giving it some consideration I have decided to reject the deal without additional consideration.

Comment

Working...
                        X