X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could use some help

5x5 OBP replaces AVG 10 team NL $280 cap

I can keep 8 of the following

Here is my potential keeper list. I have Romo and Jeffrees on as potential keepers solely based on whether they start the year as a closer. I have bolded my top 8 keepers if the season started next week

Players Salary Contract
    Francisco Cervelli C | PIT 11 1
    Piscotty, Stephen 1B|STL 2 1
    Billy Hamilton OF | CIN 17 2K16
    Joc Pederson OF | LAD 1 2
    Hunter Pence OF | SF 21 1
    Yasiel Puig OF | LAD 11 2k17
    Contracts
    Players Salary Contract
    Patrick Corbin P | ARI 10 1
    Joe Ross P | WAS 3 1
    Zack Greinke P | ARI 31 1
    Jeremy Jeffress P | MIL 2 1
    Sergio Romo P | SF 3 1
    Robert Stephenson P | CIN 1 1

The players with 2k16 or 2k17 represent them already being extended through that year.

I have an offer to get Strass at 22 in the last year of his deal and Rendon at 16 and already extended through 2k18 for Piscotty.

A- Would you make the deal?
    B- Who are your 8?
    Last edited by Hammer; 01-29-2016, 10:22 AM.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Hamilton
    Puig
    Pederson
    Piscotty
    Ross
    Greinke

I'm on the fence about Pence (probably yes, but OBP isn't his strong suit) and Corbin (10 teams means more SP depth available). In a 2 catcher league I might keep Cervelli as #8.

I would be all over that deal for Piscotty. He's nice to have, but you've got room for one more and I'm a big fan of Rendon. If I do that, I throw back Greinke, and keep Ham, Puig, Rendon, Joc, Pence, Stras, one of your closers and Cervelli or Corbin. Or hell just go nuts and keep Greinke too.

Comment

Do that deal yesterday.

Then keep.
      Puig
      Pederson
      Rendon
      Hamilton
      Pence
      Strasburg
      Ross
      Corbin slightly over Greinke unless one of the 2 relievers is anointed closer

Comment

I concur about jumping on that deal. I think both National players should have big years.

I agree with the Heat's list, mostly because I like Corbin and the savings he gives you over Greinke. But with your bigger cap, it might be worth it to go for broke and keep Greinke. It depends on how strong or weak you think the auction will be and how far your auction bucks will go.

Comment

I'd do that deal, also, there is no way that Romo is named the closer, he'll get a couple of saves, but Strickland is the "closer to be" in SF after Castilla
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

well after tooling back and forth with the other owner, the deal became me getting

strass 22
            rendon 16
            blackmon 27
            w castillo 1

he got
            b hamilton 17
            piscotty 2

i figured getting castillo enables me to toss cervelli back easier so i save 10 there. i lose 30-40 steals but get a much better player all around in blackmon for the ten dollars i save in my catching swap and while stress isn't grienke and he must be kept, i save 9 dollars there.

after all this i am keeping

castillo1
            rendon 16
            peterson 11 after i extend 2 years
            blackmon 27
            puig 11

ross 3
            strass 22

if nothing changers in all my other players statuses i will prolly go with pence at 21, which puts me at 112 with 158 left to spend. i usually don't go that high in salary but from a talent standpoint i upgraded big time.

thanks for all the advice guys.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Working...
            X