Corey Dickerson Traded to Tampa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Dickerson Traded to Tampa

as per MLB Trade Rumors. "Multiple pitchers" headed to Colorado.

There goes Dickerson's value!

McGee & others going to Colorado says Joel Sherman

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Dave Cameron: "While acknowledging that this may just be the framework of a larger deal, or perhaps the first step of a series of moves, I’m hard pressed to think of a trade that makes less sense to me than Corey Dickerson for Jake McGee."

Ever since the Rockies signed Gerardo Parra, the Rockies trade of an outfielder has felt fait acompli, and given that they’re not really contenders this year, dealing Carlos Gonzalez has appeared to…

Also, there goes McGee's value. Have fun in pitcher hell, Jake.
      I do avoid their starters like the plague, but Mcgee has less competition to close in Colorado (unless you think Motte is a serious threat), so while his era and whip are going to go up, he still should have value as a closer getting saves and Ks, while he won't pitch enough innings for his era and whip to hurt too bad.

As far as real baseball, I like Mcgee a lot, but RPs are fairly replaceable, and the Rays needed the bat more than the RP. Of course, it depends on what minor leaguers are involved, but this looks like it could be a win for the Rays.
      Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-28-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Who gets bumped in Tampa -- Souza or Desmond Jennings?

Comment

Dickerson Home vs Road, AVG/OBP, SLG

2015 Home .395/.446/.697 (23 games)
          2015 Away .257/.272/.453 (42 games)

2014 Home .363/.415/.684 (67 games)
          2014 Away .252/.305/.431 (63 games)

Tampa hitters home/road

2015 Home: .245/.309/.394
          2015 Road: .259/.320/.417 (3rd best road ops among AL teams)

2014 Home: .250/.326/.357
          2014 Road: .244/.308/.376
          people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Makes no sense for Tampa.

Why don't they follow the fantasy baseball world and then they would know that it's a bad deal
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Dickerson also has extreme splits vs lhp/rhp (career ops .677/.934), so he could platoon with Jennings (.802/.692) or Souza (.806/.676). Loney has gooten worse vs LHP in the last two years as well, so that could be another platoon.
              Dickerson can't be a FA until 2020.

Which other pitchers are involved may say a lot more about this deal. Ken Rosenthal tweeted that there will be one minor league pitcher going in each direction.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Makes no sense for Tampa.

Why don't they follow the fantasy baseball world and then they would know that it's a bad deal
                Hmmmm.....I think it makes no sense for Colorado.

Why trade a bankable asset in Dickerson -- as Controller J mentioned, he's under contract until '20 -- for an injury-prone closer. Since they signed Motte & Qualls, why didn't they just sign Soria? Neftali Feliz? And then they could've traded Dickerson for starting pitching they desperately need.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Why trade a bankable asset in Dickerson -- as Controller J mentioned, he's under contract until '20 -- for an injury-prone closer. Since they signed Motte & Qualls, why didn't they just sign Soria? Neftali Feliz? And then they could've traded Dickerson for starting pitching they desperately need.
                  True. Didn't think of it like,that.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I think I will reserve judgement til the details of the deal are announced. There are Colorado players who have gone to other teams (Holliday, Fowler) whose numbers have not plummeted after being dealt.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Maybe the minor leaguers involved will clarify things. As far as the 1 for 1, they definitely needed a closer and could afford to lose the OFer. Maybe folks look at those splits and don't see him as valuable enough for the Rockies to land a decent starting pitcher. Finally, maybe they like McGee and his contract more than Soria and Feliz. I do. I can see the deal for both sides really. I think this could be a win-win for the teams, although it is clearly a loss for roto owners of Dickerson.

Comment

This is the official deal:
                        Rays acquired OF Corey Dickerson and 3B Kevin Padlo from the Rockies for LHP Jake McGee and RHP German Marquez.

Comment

Dickerson is a mediocre OF outside of Coors, but McGee can be a solid bullpen guy no matter where he goes, that's always saleable. I give an edge to the Rockies in this one...
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

I feel a lot better about my $7 Boxberger now that his main challenger (McGee) for the closer gig is gone from Tampa.

Does this deal mean that Carlos Gonzalez is staying in Colorado?
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              I feel a lot better about my $7 Boxberger now that his main challenger (McGee) for the closer gig is gone from Tampa.

Does this deal mean that Carlos Gonzalez is staying in Colorado?
                              Yes and yes, you can feel good about the Boxcutter.

Comment

Working...
                              X