Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackmon vs. Marte

Charlie Blackmon vs. Starling Marte

Points league, I have both nearly the same price, but can only keep one. They seem very similar to me in the end. Any RJ preference here?
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

I think Marte still has room for growth so I'd keep him over Blackmon.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'd take Blackmon slightly for this year, but there is a chance he gets traded and he's much better in Coors than away.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I'd take Blackmon slightly for this year, but there is a chance he gets traded and he's much better in Coors than away.
        Yeah, I think Dahl may still be a year away, but if he shows well early, it is possible that Blackmon gets dealt, in which case he becomes clearly worse than Marte.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Yeah, I think Dahl may still be a year away, but if he shows well early, it is possible that Blackmon gets dealt, in which case he becomes clearly worse than Marte.
          They also signed Parra, and now have him, Cargo, Blackmon & Dickerson for three spots.

Comment

It will be really interesting to see what happens with Blackmon. He's a $30 player in Colorado but elsewhere (TB?) unlikely. I really like Marte's upside but I guess we need to wait and see how the COL OF shakes out.
            Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Blackmon signed for just one year seems to be an indication that he could be gone/4th outfielder after this season.

Much of his value is in SB...SB numbers below

2013 (AAA+MLB): 14 in 557 PA
              2014: 28 in 648 PA
              2015: 43 in 682 PA

Are these recent stats an indication of a true SB artist who returned to stealing bases in the majors after becoming more acclimated? I'd say no. He never stole more than 30 in a minor league season...and he'll be 30 years old in 2017.

I'll say 10 HR-20 SB in 2017 IF he is a fulltime player somewhere. Still a solid fantasy player but nothing like Marte.

Marte is two years younger, so still growing in power, without the strong likelihood of adverse park effects on its way.

Comment

With Dickerson getting dealt, this becomes a tougher call. It looks like Blackmon might stay put all year and start, and if both of those things are true, he has a fair shot of outperforming Marte.

Comment

Working...
                X