2K16: Corey Spangenberg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K16: Corey Spangenberg

I am not sure what to make of this guy. He is 2B/3B eligible in most formats, which also covers both MI and CI. He seems to have locked down the regular 2B job going forward. Yet, he is treated like he has a cotagious skin condition. His ADP is well over #300.

Granted there is not much power. Still, he does bat at the top of the lineup, has some speed and should score a useful number of runs. He has hit .274 in over 400 PA. I understand his BABIP looks unreasonable, but this tracks with the minors and is past small sample problems. Using his career numbers for a full season:

600 PA, .275/.330/.410, 9 HR, 19 SB

That is a useful utility player.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I think most people just don't know what the Padres are doing with their infield. (Solarte at 3B... Spangenberg at 2B... Alexei at SS... Wil Myers at 1B I guess)

So I do think there's some value based on that. But lordy is he boring. Still, the kind of guy you get for $5 in NL only and he returns $10, maybe? Steamer has him at 424pa, 259/308/368 with 5 HR and 14 SB.

Comment

Has he got enough speed to clear 20 SB, or is a definite under 20?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I think most people just don't know what the Padres are doing with their infield. (Solarte at 3B... Spangenberg at 2B... Alexei at SS... Wil Myers at 1B I guess)

So I do think there's some value based on that. But lordy is he boring. Still, the kind of guy you get for $5 in NL only and he returns $10, maybe? Steamer has him at 424pa, 259/308/368 with 5 HR and 14 SB.
        The Padres IF is pretty set. Solarte, Ramirez and Myers with the only question being can Spang hold onto the job at 2b, but given the fact that outside of a late signing of someone like Rollins to play there, it either Spang or Pirela and Spang seems almost a lock.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
          Has he got enough speed to clear 20 SB, or is a definite under 20?
          While he could surprise with 10hr/20sbs I'd bank on 8/16.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            While he could surprise with 10hr/20sbs I'd bank on 8/16.
            In how many PA?

That looks fairly in line with the Steamer600, which has 9/19 for 600 PA.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
            X