2k16: Yankees bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
    "On December 9, 2015, the Yankees traded Wilson to the Detroit Tigers in exchange for Chad Green and Luis Cessa"

What was this trade?
    Just for additional pieces?
    Nobody really knows. The prospects are nothing to speak of. Wilson was going to get like a million and change in arbitration. They liked him enough to trade Cervelli for him a year ago. I don't think they had a 40-man crunch they had to fix quickly. It was really strange. I assume Cashman likes the Tigers prospects a lot more than BA, BP, etc. I understand the idea of turning one serviceable 7th inning guy into two down the road, but the timing was strange and it was not a move I'd expect from a win-now team.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      Nobody really knows. The prospects are nothing to speak of. Wilson was going to get like a million and change in arbitration. They liked him enough to trade Cervelli for him a year ago. I don't think they had a 40-man crunch they had to fix quickly. It was really strange. I assume Cashman likes the Tigers prospects a lot more than BA, BP, etc. I understand the idea of turning one serviceable 7th inning guy into two down the road, but the timing was strange and it was not a move I'd expect from a win-now team.
      The only thing I can think of is that they knew they were getting Chapman. I still would have thought they could have done better in the trade but maybe they know someone about one of those two that we, BA or BP doesn't see. Or something about Wilson.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Looks like JC called it...

The Yankees will go into Spring Training with Aroldis Chapman as their closer, manager Joe Girardi said on the YES Network on Monday night. New York acquired Chapman from the Reds last month in exchange for four prospects.
        Coverage includes audio and video clips, interviews, statistics, schedules and exclusive stories.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Chris Lis of Rotowire paid $38 for the trio of Betances/Miller/Chapman at AL Tout this weekend. Really glad someone tried to pull this off.

The obvious downside is you spend $38 and still finish 8th out of 12 in saves unless you buy another closer or get really lucky with a 2 dollar flier. The obvious upside is really strong ratios and starter-level Ks.

Liss spent $9 on Drew Storen as well.

I almost wonder if paying $15 for Osuna/Storen as well would make this work if you could pull it off. Go with 4 volume starters like Ian Kennedy for around $8 - $10 each. Osuna went for 8 here so that doesn't work as well here.

Here's the Tout results if you're interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=6

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            Chris Lis of Rotowire paid $38 for the trio of Betances/Miller/Chapman at AL Tout this weekend. Really glad someone tried to pull this off.

The obvious downside is you spend $38 and still finish 8th out of 12 in saves unless you buy another closer or get really lucky with a 2 dollar flier. The obvious upside is really strong ratios and starter-level Ks.

Liss spent $9 on Drew Storen as well.

I almost wonder if paying $15 for Osuna/Storen as well would make this work if you could pull it off. Go with 4 volume starters like Ian Kennedy for around $8 - $10 each. Osuna went for 8 here so that doesn't work as well here.

Here's the Tout results if you're interested: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...=2&pli=1#gid=6
            Interesting that Miller and Betances went for the same amount, considering Miller is most likely going to get a good bit more saves. I assume Tout is not a keeper league, but that would also significantly bump Miller over Betances, as he's most likely back at closer next year.
            Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

yep, Tout isn't a keeper league. Ray Flowers bought both Miller & Betances in LABR reasoning that he was using 2 roster spots to get one really good pitcher. Chris took it a step further to say he was using 3 spots to buy a peak Pedro Martinez for K's & ratios while also getting all of the Yankees saves as well.

Comment

Working...
              X