2016: Storen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016: Storen

Just wondering what this guy is going to be worth if he's not closing. I have him at $1, but only plan on keeping him if he closes.

Has anyone heard something about a potential deal for either him or Paplebon?

If he doesn't close, is he a value at $1?
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Just wondering what this guy is going to be worth if he's not closing. I have him at $1, but only plan on keeping him if he closes.

Absolutely...he'll close sooner of later. Paps will either blow up, get dealt for a dime on the dollar, or Storen will end up being dealt. Lot's of teams looking for a quality arm out there...keep him for a buck.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Storen to the Jays for Revere (or Pompey or Pillar) is floating around and makes sense. I agree, keep him for $1.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The Yankees might be looking for a sixth inning guy.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Just got traded to Toronto. Not sure if he's the new closer or the set up man for Osuna. Blue Jays have said previously that Osuna would eventually be a starter. Maybe this year?
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Storen has proven to be a bad set-up guy, but a decent closer, so I'd certainly go that way.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

So everything I read says either Storen will close or has the inside track to do so.

I have a possible off for Storen $1

Chapman at $11 and K Davis at $9. Davis would replace Jackie Bradley $1

15 team Mixed standard 5x5 roto.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So everything I read says either Storen will close or has the inside track to do so.

I have a possible off for Storen $1

Chapman at $11 and K Davis at $9. Davis would replace Jackie Bradley $1

15 team Mixed standard 5x5 roto.
                I would do that deal pretty easily.

Comment

so essentially Chapman at 11 and Davis at 9 for Storen at 1 and Bradley at 1; for me it's close (I'm pretty bullish on Bradley tho, & think that Storen will in fact be the Jays closer for the year). Kind of depends on your willingness to take on risk - you know what you'll get with Chapman & Davis. Also depends on what's available in your league auction - i.e. whether you think you could use the $18 leftover to make up the Ks & HRs.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    I'm not I understand what's being offered. You are getting a $1 Storen for $11 Chapman and $9 Davis? I would not do that deal, personally.
                    Reverse that offer. I am the owner of storen

Comment

I haven't seen anything official (and I've been looking) but the general feeling seems to be shifting slightly toward Storen

Comment

Working...
                      X